GLD Compressor in Aviom IEM

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD general discussions GLD Compressor in Aviom IEM

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of jcarter jcarter 8 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Wayne
    Wayne
    Participant

Our bassist says he needs compression on his bass – routed to his in-ear-monitor.
    Is there a way to use the on-board compression in the GLD and route the compression through the attached Aviom?

Profile photo of MikeShand
    MikeShand
    Participant

Not sure I like the idea of compressed monitors, but you CAN do it by switching the direct out take-off point to post compressor. (press sel on an input channel, choose the routing tab and the direct out tab and pull up the “DIR OUT SRC” tab).

BUT that is a global setting, you so you would be post compressor for ALL you direct out aviom feeds, which is almost certainly NOT what you want.

The only other way is to use an aux specifically for the bass monitor feed and route that to an aviom channel, but since mix outputs are usually a scarce resource that may not be an option either. However it would allow you to use different EQ and comp settings to what you are using FOH.

Profile photo of jcarter
    jcarter
    Participant

If you have an FX engine free, there’s also the possibility of inserting a multi-band comp on the bass input and making the direct out point either post-insert or post-PEQ (both of which are before the compressor). You can turn the 3-band into a regular comp by dragging the center band out to the edges (20 Hz- 18k) so that it’s the only band that’s active, basically. Note that I’ve never done this, I’m just suggesting it as a possibility.

I imagine you’d likely want to split the bass into two inputs, one routed to Aviom and the other to FOH (I usually do this when bass players are on in-ears anyway).

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.