GLD AR2412 connected to Yamaha DANTE PCIe card??

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD feature suggestions GLD AR2412 connected to Yamaha DANTE PCIe card??

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of cornelius78 cornelius78 7 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Nik
    Nik
    Participant

Hi everybody,
    I’m a great A&H fan.Have had few analog boards in my life and now I have a small GL2 in my studio for extra channels and EQ.
    love the board and has never let me down!!! I use Lynx Aurora 16 and some SSL pre’s as my go to for recording in the studio but lately I have done many concerts mixing through SAC – software audio console with B-gear and RME cards.
    So…Kind of a fed up with playing around with toys and I want to move on to use some real Remote Pre’s
    and a PCI DANTE card from Yamaha.

Is there anyone with experience regarding this setup: Yamaha DANTE + GLD ARA2412?
    Is the SLDARA2412 using a standard DANTE protocol or it has its own system, and can I control the rack from
    the yamaha card?

All the Best,
    Nik

Profile photo of cornelius78
    cornelius78
    Participant

The AR2412 (and AB168 and AR84) stageboxes use A&H’s proprietary dSnake protocol. They’re only compatible with GLD and Qu mixers. To get signals from an AR2412 into Dante you’d need to use a GLD console with a Dante expansion card, or some other expansion card to get multitrack into a computer running DVS (or just a PC running DVS if using a Qu, but there are other issues with that eg finding the right DAW and clocking,) or a GLD another expansion card eg MADI, and then a MADI-Dante Bridge.

In any of these scenarios though, you still wouldn’t be able to control preamp gain and +48v through the Dante network, as the preamp control is part of the dSnake protocol, which is closed source. It would need to be controlled through the GLD\Qu mixer.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘GLD feature suggestions’ is closed to new topics and replies.