GLD 80 onboard preamps vs Stagerack preamps

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD general discussions GLD 80 onboard preamps vs Stagerack preamps

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mrvoltz Mrvoltz 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Tofke78
    Tofke78
    Participant

Hi there

Does someone know there is a difference in quality between preamps of the onboard inputs on the GLD 80 and the preamps on the Allen & Heath stagerack?

Thanks

Kristof

Profile photo of beartech
    beartech
    Participant

That’s a great question. I would have assumed they were the same. Do you have a reason to believe they are different?

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

I thought this came up before. Far as I know they are the same. I can’t tell any difference but haven’t done a test. That would mean that QU Pres are the same since boxes work with it. That’s what I love about AH. I can use my AR2412 084 and AB168 with my QU16 or GLD80.

Profile photo of Hawk
    Hawk
    Participant

AB168/Qu is different than GLD/AR since this is no pad in the previous

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

@Hawk You are correct in saying the Qu preamps are a different, pad-less design, but the AB168 has the same preamps as the AR2412, AR84 and GLD mixer.

Profile photo of Tofke78
    Tofke78
    Participant

Someone told me the preamps in the stagerack AR2412 sound a but more “relax” than the onboard ones. But I can’t immediate hear a difference. Even with a DPA D:Facto lineair mic on a extreme lineair P.A. system. So, I would like to have a confirmation of an expert. So do I understand it well that Nicola A&H confirms that the preamps of the onboard GDL mixer are the same in quality as the ones in the stagerack AR2412?

Profile photo of Mrvoltz
    Mrvoltz
    Participant

That’s what he said, the QU are different but the GLD and racks use the same preamps.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.