GLD 80 Main LR output signalisation problem

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD troubleshooting GLD 80 Main LR output signalisation problem

Tagged: 

This topic contains 16 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of antonyja antonyja 10 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of RB
    RB
    Participant

I have updated the new v1.4 firmware and on my first show after that, I have had a problem with the Main LR signalisation. The LR output siganlisation at the top of the console didn’t work. The M signalisation was working fine, also the the lamp were working when I have pressed any pafl button. Also, in the meters section, all the outputs were signaling fine, and I didn’t have any sound problems either. Does anybody have a solution?

Profile photo of mervaka
    mervaka
    Participant

what do you mean by signalisation?

Profile photo of RB
    RB
    Participant

The three strips on top of the console which 2 are ment for main lr output level and input level when pressing pafl button, and one is for mono output level. The lamps.don’t signal the lr output level but the pafl level works and mono output signalisation works also. I can’t see how strong the output signal is on the console

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

He must mean the LR meters are not working.

Sir. Do you have the mix button pressed down on the Main strip ?

Profile photo of RB
    RB
    Participant

Yes, of course the mix button is pressed. Also the M output meter works fine… this problem occured after the 1.4 firmware upgrade

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Initially I would suggest downloading and reinstalling the firmware. Or maybe download 1.3 and load it to see if the problem corrects.

My first attempt at 1.4 failed. I tried it several times. I downloaded and made sure there were no other versions on the drive as there were. That time it worked.

Profile photo of RB
    RB
    Participant

I just went to my warehouse and tried to find out what went wrong. I have tried loading some older shows and template shows and I did not have that problem. When I tried to load my latest show few days old, I have experienced the same problem again. Then I have just deleted all the shows and created a new one… I don’t know what caused the problem, but it is fixed at the moment, although I would like to know what happened

Profile photo of antonyja
    antonyja
    Participant

The LR meters show the PAFL signal. The PAFL signal can be set to be the Main mix when no other PAFL is pressed, but this is configurable. I’d suggest that it a problem in this configuration, please check under “Setup/Audio/PAFL – Mains to PAFL”. If you load up one of the default template shows then these are set-up for you (for the templates with mains). I think if you look at your problem show that the gains will be at -Inf, and that is why you don’t have meters (or audio from the PAFL).

HTH

Antony Jackson
    Software Manager
    Allen & Heath

Profile photo of RB
    RB
    Participant

Thank You Antony for Your reply,

that must have been the problem since I have now loaded the template LRM show on my GLD Editor and the Mains to PAFL are set to 0.0db. I have assumed that it is a configuration issue but couldn’t find the reason why. Glad that we have sorted it out.
    Since You’re a software manager, can You tell me are there any known reasons for a GLD 80 console to freeze? It happened 3 times to me, in 10 months since I own it, but in all these situations I have had time to reboot and continue to work. The audio works, but the controls don’t respond. It happened few days ago, even after I had updated the latest firmware.
    I also see that some guys have had this problem aswell, but noone seems to have the accurate answer.

Regards

Profile photo of RB
    RB
    Participant

In adition, what is a QOS error?

Profile photo of Pit Lenz
    Pit Lenz
    Participant

A&H Knowledgebase reads:

GLD-80. What is Q.O.S?
    Quality of Service refers to the digital connection quality between GLD-80 and the AudioRack(s) or I/0 card connected.
    Audio Sync Lock is also listed here, if this has a green tick next to it everything is working as it should.

NOTE: Hot plugging the dSNAKE cat5 cables is not recommended:

If you do so, the QOS green tick will be replaced by a yellow and black warning triangle
    to showing that the connection has lost packets of data.

In most instances the this should be followed by a blue (i) and text “recovered from QOS error”.

Profile photo of RB
    RB
    Participant

Just before that my console froze, so I have unplugged the cat5 cable just to avoid cracks when I turn off the console to reboot. I was just wondering did the QOS error cause the freezing or did the freezing cause the QOS error.
    Now I have the answer for the error… Still looking for one for the freezing…

Profile photo of eotsskleet
    eotsskleet
    Participant

I had only once a freezing.. it was while i changed the mixer-settings from 4 Mono Auxes to 6 Mono Auxes.. due this i lost 1 stereo aux which was placed on one layer on the second bank! before i could replace it with the new mono aux the display freezed!
    i think it’s really important first to check the strip assignments and remove all the not needed channels and buses before make a major change in the system-sttings!
    Since then i’ve never experienced a freeze again!

Profile photo of RB
    RB
    Participant

So You’re saying that if I have a Mono matrix for example at bank 2, D strip assinged, and I go to setup to reconfigure the console and remove all mono matrixes, it could cause a freeze? That seems logical and hope that this is the only problem…

Profile photo of antonyja
    antonyja
    Participant

It was possible to have a freeze in V1.30 by changing the mixer configuration, and then selecting some channels. This is fixed in V1.40.

Antony Jackson
    Software Manager
    Allen & Heath

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.