GLD-80 FX not getting to FOH mix

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD troubleshooting GLD-80 FX not getting to FOH mix

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Jonathan Jonathan 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Weeelp
    Weeelp
    Participant

Hi all,
    As title basically, they were during rehearsals but are now not getting through. Everything meters out fine,and PFL hears them.
    Has anyone had this problem? and if so whatcha do?
    Thanks
    Weeelp

Profile photo of Jonathan
    Jonathan
    Participant

Was a preset recalled? Try plugging something else into the output. Another amp, DSP, etc. See if you’re getting anything on the output. Verify it’s actuall the console.

When you PAFL the FOH bus you are getting it in the headphones or just when you PAFL an individual channel?

Also, check the I/O page. It’s possible the routing got changed.

Profile photo of Weeelp
    Weeelp
    Participant

To be honest this show is such a mare I can’t actually remember when the issue came up. It’s possible it’s after a scene recall but i have the FX recall safe so that should’t matter.
    The FX send and return channels are both metering, as is the actual FX when you look at it in the rack; the PFL on all this works too, but it’s just not getting to the mix bus.
    The mis bus routing includes the FX returns,and I’ve tried changing that as initially I thought it had been lost.
    If it helps the console won’t see my USB either (FAT32); so I can’t even save the show and reload another to check if it’s my file.
    Thanks for helping

Jonathan
    Participant

Sorry, I misunderstood you. So your FX return isn’t getting to the FOH bus?

Try this: Press Processing next to the touchscreen, then select the FOH bus and go to routing on the touchscreen. Select FX Returns. Make sure your FX bus is turned “On”.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Jonathan
    Participant

You might also try creating a new show and start from there to see if that fixed the problem. If so, your show may be corrupted. I’ve never heard of that happening, but I guess it could be possible. If you have network available on the GLD, you could connect a computer to it and save show using the GLD Editor software. If you can get that far, I don’t mind taking a look at the Show file if you want to send it.

Profile photo of Weeelp
    Weeelp
    Participant

Thanks fella that would be great. Last night still no fx..
    They can be sent to an aux which is weird. I’ve only got a couple of nights to go and there is too much scene programming to loose if anything goes awry with the show file load so I’m not going to risk reloading the console firmware.
    Cheers
    Weeelp

Profile photo of Robby
    Robby
    Participant

High, maybe you routed your Fx to a dca and The fader is down? Best regards ROBBY

Profile photo of Weeelp
    Weeelp
    Participant

Nope, everything routing wise is fne; here’s the file

Profile photo of Weeelp
    Weeelp
    Participant

Hmm,I get the following when I try to attach the file:
    hair2.tar.bz2: Sorry, this file type is not permitted for security reasons.

Ironic eh?

Jonathan
    Participant

Lol.

Just to fill in the blanks for anyone else reading this, Weeelp emailed me his show file. I loaded it and it worked right out of the box. Guessing something is going on with the software/firmware.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.