GLD-80 FX "Empty Rack".

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD troubleshooting GLD-80 FX "Empty Rack".

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Volum Volum 9 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Volum
    Volum
    Participant

Is this meant for storing your personalized edited effects? Because I can’t get nothing in there, no matter what I do… Of course i manage to save my edited effects on the USB-stick, but why is the “Empty Rack” there? Is it for future/new effects from A&H? Please explain to me what I am missing 🙂

Profile photo of MJCElectronics
    MJCElectronics
    Participant

It’s exactly what it says on the tin, in the analogue world it would be empty space in an effects rack that you could fill with whatever effects unit you care to buy or rent.
    In the digital world when you don’t want an effect in a slot, you put an empty rack unit in there and voila – no more effects unit.

Profile photo of eotsskleet
    eotsskleet
    Participant

Open the library tab while in an empty rack and load whatever effect you like! There is just no preselected FX, but there are a lot of really good ones already in the library!

Profile photo of Volum
    Volum
    Participant

Well, thanks guys.

I can understand that the point MJC is making. But if the only point is to be able to have an empty slot among the 8 FX-engines I hardly see the need, but that’s just me I guess 🙂

And eotsskleet; I know about the library, of course, but what you are suggesting is possible even from already loaded effects, hence still no real need for the “empty rack”… Just my two cents 🙂

Profile photo of benniferj
    benniferj
    Participant

Volum… I think the empty rack has it’s place. I’m often prepping my GLD for hires for people that need SOME of its great features, but it’s more dangerous to have a full effects rack, say, for corporate, where they may accidentally find it and use it, than to make the effects racks empty so they can’t accidentally do something unexpected with an aux!

I’m assuming removing unused effects racks reduces DSP load so less heat etc, even if sitting there processing no audio being fed to it, which can’t be a bad thing.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

what do you put in the slot if you have no effekt chosen? Nothing, the nothing is called empty rack, that’s it.

Profile photo of Volum
    Volum
    Participant

You make valid points. I rest my case 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.