GLD 80 freezing again!

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD troubleshooting GLD 80 freezing again!

This topic contains 54 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of GCumbee GCumbee 9 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 46 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

What was identified as the problem that was supposed to be causing the freezing?

Chris

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

I just tried to boot the GLD to get the event logs off. On startup I got the grey screen that somes up if not shutdown correctly. I know I shut it down correctly last time used. I touched START GLD. No response. Nothing on screen worked although auto start counter was counting. It auto started but when the main screen came up no touch would work. Same as before I could change screen with the buttons but no touch would work.

I powered off and back on. Got grey screen again but this time it worked. I started and screen seems OK. Never had this problem with any precious versions. I output the event logs and have emailed. I have to clear this up. Have a big show end of next week.

Going to attempt to revert to 1.41

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Successfully reverted back to 1.41. Right now working fine.

Profile photo of dcongdon
    dcongdon
    Participant

Thanks for keeping us up to date, GCumbee. We are following this thread closely and will wait to hear from A&H before updating to 1.42. Hope the bugs get worked out soon.

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

I’ve updated to 1.42, but have 1.41 sitting on my laptop, we’ll see how it goes. 🙂

Chris

Profile photo of djmanco
    djmanco
    Participant

Freezing problem not solved????????????????????

OMG!!!

I installed V1.42 hopping this won’t happend again. I use the GLD in just 1 show without problem. But I’m reading the problem still exists 🙁

Give us Up to Date!!!

Regards fro m Argentina.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Without getting into too much detail. I would not be too concerned at this point. It appears that I uncovered an unusual anomally by installing 1.42 that relates to very early version 80’s touchscreen controllers which I have. It looks like through some diagnostics that AH has figured it out and are going to take care of it with me. I have to say it was a genuine pleasure working with the software person on solving this. Very professional and knowledgable I was very impressed.

So at this point I would say you guys are likely OK. Of course with computers who knows but they are very much on top of this I think.

Profile photo of bucks
    bucks
    Participant

Hi Guys

Hopefully I can add a bit to George’s post and clear up some misunderstanding.

V1.42 was released to address unresponsive UI’s. This fix addressed issues with the drivers for the onboard SATA storage which were causing problems. V1.42 upgrades the linux kernel to achieve this.

George’s issue here was the actually touch controller had stopped working under certain circumstances. So the desk was still operational, hardware buttons / faders etc working, but ‘mouse’ clicks via the touch screen were not being processed correctly. We actually plugged a mouse in via the USB port to prove the point.

So the problems that V1.42 addresses and George’s issue are separate, and shouldn’t stop anyone upgrading.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Andy.
    Allen & Heath.

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

Thanks for the update Andy,

If the actual touchscreen itself was all it was the desk could still be operated from the editor and it wouldn’t be show stopping, good. 🙂

We have one of the older GLD’s that can play back Mp3 and records at 48K (by the way, is that fixed with the Digico, Cadac thing?). Does that mean it has the older touch controller that is susceptible to the issue George had?

Chris

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

To follow up on Andy’s post. The editor and iPad app did still control the console when we made the screen fail. The USB keyboard/mouse also would control it so yes. Not a show stopper. Rest of console was always fine.

Viewing 10 posts - 46 through 55 (of 55 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.