GLD 80 freeze

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD troubleshooting GLD 80 freeze

This topic contains 28 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mattrix Mattrix 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Mattrix
    Mattrix
    Participant

hellos everyone.

Yesterday i had Freezes during the Show. Audio was running but the surface freezed

in the diagnostic , i can see this : the error message is:

Sun March 29 2:01:29 2015 :: / dev / ah_usb_dsp – Flush failed

After reboot , the surface was Ok , this is the second time it happens.

have you a solution, because it is very annoying.

thanks

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

What firmware version are you running? The last update fixed this problem and reports of it have stopped since then.

Chris

Profile photo of Mattrix
    Mattrix
    Participant

My GLD 80 :
    Firmware : V1.42- Rev 15810
    Surface board driver : Version 1.1
    DSP Board driver : Version 1.3
    Motor fader driver : Version 1.1
    Help set : v1.41
    Operating system : v3.00

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

1.42 was supposed to fix that problem. When was your console purchased?

Profile photo of Mattrix
    Mattrix
    Participant

the console was purchased two months ago, in a company which changed its equipment.
    the console worked very well, and now she freeze.

but every time it freezes, USB drive was plugged into the console.

Why does this matter?

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Shouldn’t matter. Reason I asked was I had a demo unit that started freezing after 1.42 upgrade. Turned out to be an old pc board for the touch screen. I replaced the upper PC controller board which appears to have solved it. But that console was from early units.

Profile photo of eotsskleet
    eotsskleet
    Participant

Error message shows an USB error.. Whatever that means! Open a support ticket! A&H may help you and improve everyones product/software!
    What USB did you plug in and did you use stereo-recording or something else that needs to read/write from usb-port while it freezed?

Profile photo of Mattrix
    Mattrix
    Participant

Apparently, the console was purchased in April 2013 by the company that sold it to me.

I use a USB Key for back-up : Shows and Scenes.
    I used too, to 10 music I used to check the system.
    that’s all.

at each freeze, the USB key, blinking abnormally, although I did not read music and I did not record.
    the USB was plugged in, but no action was writing or reading in progress normally.

On your advice, I’ll contacted my distributor in France: Audiopole .

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

April 2013 possibly puts it into the window that I also experienced. My 80 demo unit is of that time. I spent quite a bit of time on the phone with UK to determine my console was an early one with a discontinued upper PC board and touch controller. As they said units from 0-100 were supposed to have the bad board. Mine was 155 but after running the test it revealed that mine did. The circuit board was replaced. So far it has been fine. We noticed that if the touch screen was touched anytime during the boot up process it would freeze right away. Like 8 out of 10 times. That is one way to test it. Also, if you can hookup a USB keyboard and mouse see if it still works when freezing. Also ipad still worked when it froze with me. FTR. Reverting back one firmware version does not solve it. Kernel change with 1.42 can’t be reverted. This problem reared its ugly head with 1.42.

Hope that helps.

Profile photo of Mattrix
    Mattrix
    Participant

Hello everyone. it’s me again.

My GLD80 freeze again, and it was during a big concert, it’s always the same message:

/ Dev / ah_usb_dsp – Flush failed

I do not know what to do, the hammer is not far away so this problem annoys me !!!

how much would cost the exchange of the mother card, and DSP?

unless someone has a solution for me.

My importer: audiopole, ” does not seem very motivated” when I was told that I had bought second-hand console.

Profile photo of John-S
    John-S
    Participant

Mattrix,

Look one post above your last one and respond point for point. Your answer may be closer than you think.

John

Profile photo of Mattrix
    Mattrix
    Participant

Thank you for the tip John-S,

Today I looked and study all diagnostic LOG connected keyboard and accessing the BIOS (F2)
    The bios is not at the same hour as the interface
    in the diagnostic log the bios, I saw this error: EFI 01010003
    (The date and time corresponds to a Frezze each time)

Aptio Setup Utility: Version 2.11.2110

BIOS information:
    BIOS Revision R1.13.0CD
    built Date and Time 01/24/2012
    Board D3003-S12

I touched the screen during the boot of the console, 2 crashes, otherwise just started can long (47 s on average) test performed 12 times.

I have no iPad to try.

PS: in the last Frezze, no USB key was connected.

serial number: GLD080X-323863

looking more closely the effects, I saw that the person using the console loaded 4 times the same effect: HALL480 (with 4 different tuning of parameter) on 6 used ,

is that this could be the beginning of a solution?

Profile photo of tylermartin86
    tylermartin86
    Participant

Mattrix,

Would it be possible for you to send me your logs? I should probably mention that I do not work for Allen and Heath at all, but I have had some problems with my GLD and had to open a support ticket. In my case, they don’t seem to have much time to mess around with it as I haven’t heard anything with the ticket in 3 weeks or so. So I decided to do my own digging. With a background in Linux (and the fact that the board runs a flavor of Linux underneath), I noticed that the log file is a Linux compressed file. After placing the file on my Linux server, I started looking around at the files and learned quite a bit about the GLD. Worst case is that I recommend you to forward your information on to Allen and Heath support as I’m sure there are many people who had an excellent experience dealing with them. My issue was quite random and I could find nothing obviously wrong in the logs from my board. I expect to see informative errors in your logs. You may email me at tylermartin86@yahoo.com and use the subject “AllenHeathGLD” so I know what I am looking at.

I’m sorry if this is something that I am not supposed to do, but we are all sound engineers just trying to help one another out. If this goes against any of the rules, please let me know.

Profile photo of Mattrix
    Mattrix
    Participant

Tylermartin86

I sent you my logs, hoping you find a problem, and a solution

thank you for your help.

Profile photo of tylermartin86
    tylermartin86
    Participant

Mattrix,

Upon first look, I already see a few things. The first is that I have seen is that there are MIDI Rx overflow errors. If you are using MIDI, I recommend removing that temporarily.

I also saw that you have a Dell keyboard plugged in (or at least one time you did). Try removing that and any other USB device you might have installed.

The most interesting thing that I found was that the board said that it found the AR2412 and then it found it again about 30 seconds later. I also saw errors about the surface losing the Audio Sync lock. Try checking the cable between the surface and the stage box. It should be a shielded cable to prevent any interference. If it is running in the ceiling (even if it is shielded) it should not be running near any fluorescent lights. If it was a cable with ends that were terminated by someone, make sure they are correctly wired or punched down. If this is a Cat5 snake that is used outdoors, make sure that nobody ran it over with a golf cart or something else (has happened many times before on analog snakes. It will do the same damage to a digital snake).

One last thing that I saw was that problems appeared when you recalled the show. I still need to try the show on the GLD editor and maybe even my board, but you could also try starting from scratch and rebuilding a new show. This would definitely be a last resort because nobody wants to redo their show. I did see that errors started popping up when you recalled the show “0 MAC 300315 1”. Is it possible that this show came from a GLD 112 and was placed on a GLD 80 (or the other way around)?

These are just the first things to try. If nothing works, then you need to submit a support ticket with Allen and Heath. They built these boards and programed them. They are the professionals. They know a lot more about this stuff than I do. I will continue looking and if I see anything else that catches my eye, I will post back (email is unreliable because Yahoo mail is awful. It took about 30 minutes for me to receive your email and then another 20 minutes to get the attachments).

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.