GLD 80 AUX for personal mixer

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD general discussions GLD 80 AUX for personal mixer

Tagged: 

This topic contains 14 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of BazAlex BazAlex 9 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of BazAlex
    BazAlex
    Participant

Hi guys I’m stock with my gld 80. Everything worked fine for me untill I tried to setup BEHRINGER POWERPLAY 16 P16-I
    I have GLD-AR2412 Main AudioRack and 2xGLD-AR84 is an Expander AudioRacks. When I tried to assign new AUX to AUX mono the output looks like it is not active. Please tell me what am I doing wrong. I’m level 3 out of 10 in this mixer.

Thank you
    Alex

P.S. please see an attached image

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of BazAlex
    BazAlex
    Participant

P.S. I can assing anything else but MONO AUX. So anyth AUX over 8 isn’t working for me (in mono aux)

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Check your console config. Do you have that setup for more than 8 AUXes.

Profile photo of BazAlex
    BazAlex
    Participant

I don’t know. Could you tell me how to set it up for more than 8 AUXs please

Profile photo of dcongdon
    dcongdon
    Participant

I agree with GCumbee, go to setup > config > Mixer Config tab > and adjust the number of mono aux outputs. Once you have activated your mono Aux outputs, it is best practice to restart the mixer with a full power cycle. Then go to i/o and assign mono aux 1-16 to your ar2412 and ar84.

NOTE: I’m not sure what “level 3 out of 10” means, but if you have limited permission, you might not have access to the config page.

Profile photo of BazAlex
    BazAlex
    Participant

Thank you so much guys. I’m going to try it tonight and will let you know on the progress.
    Sorry for confusion 3 out of 10 is my skil on 10 points scale. (C-:

Profile photo of BazAlex
    BazAlex
    Participant

Thanks for you help guys. I added more mono AUX and everything works perfect now

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Glad it worked. Was pretty sure that was your problem. Focal got to you with procedure before I did. That is fine. We are all here to help when we can.

Profile photo of BazAlex
    BazAlex
    Participant

Great I found a place for all of my gld questions

Profile photo of Detonator
    Detonator
    Participant

BazAlex –

You are very polite and have learned a new task. You are now level 4.

-Tim T

Profile photo of BazAlex
    BazAlex
    Participant

Thank you Tim. I greatful for people who spend their time to help other people they dont know. I wish I could do something in return

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Just get good use out of the GLD and be happy. That is payback enough. Once you master it then you can help others. That is how it works. We have all been in your place once. I wore out the forums when I first became a dealer.

Profile photo of BazAlex
    BazAlex
    Participant

Will do sir

Profile photo of Dr. Rick
    Dr. Rick
    Participant

Welcome to the GLD family! When you can manage it, you would do well to move to the ME-1 for personal monitoring. If more EQ than the ME-1 has is needed, place an analog EQ in the chain. I recently worked with a 4 piece blues band, had 4 ME-1’s at the side of the stage for my monitor tech. He loved it and so did the band! Well worth the initial investment.
    I use a 16-8 POE CAT 5 switch (8 are POE – that’s Power Over Ethernet which means the ME-1’s don’t need a power supply) – cost about $150.
    This would save you having to use up all those Aux’s, plus, If I understand what you are trying to do, you are limiting your monitor system to only 8 channels, the ME-1 can handle all 40 channels from the GLD80, plus it carries the names assigned by you at the console to the ME-1’s.
    Check them out!
    The Sound Doctor PDX

Profile photo of BazAlex
    BazAlex
    Participant

Reading about me-1 so fat I love it. But we already have set of behenger power play and it would be much for us to switch to me-1s. But thx for info

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.