GLD-112 training

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD general discussions GLD-112 training

Tagged: 

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mel Mel 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Mel
    Mel
    Participant

Hi there,

I am working as a technician in a school, we have a GLD-112 and a GLD-80. I wondered if there was anywhere that did training on these desks as I would like to get some more in depth knowledge to be able to mix musicals etc. Currently have only basic understanding of these desks.
    If there isn’t anywhere that does training specifically for these desks, can anyone recommend any live sound mixing courses or the like that would be useful? I am based in the South East

Thanks

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Where are you located?

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

South East of where?

Chris

Profile photo of Mel
    Mel
    Participant

Sorry, I am based in South East England, Cambridgeshire

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Well that’s a little far for me to go. I flew to Ohio last year in my plane to train on a GLD80. I don’t think my little plane can make that trip 🙂

Profile photo of John-S
    John-S
    Participant

George,

You a pilot too? What type of plane? I presently rent. I have SEL, Instrument and Glider ratings.

John Stefanick

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

I have a Piper Turbo Arrow III and a Cessna 150L. I am SEL, IFR. Both planes are IFR equipped.

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

Mel,

Have you done musicals on other desks? Most of the job isn’t console specific, but if you have questions about the scene system or about how a feature you know from another desk is represented on the GLD we’ll be able to help you on the forum.

Chris

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

@Mel

Check out our training video series here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLq3_zC_Xz0PgHlZdL6_aljNR1_UxCGGdr

Profile photo of Mel
    Mel
    Participant

Thanks for your responses, I guess then I should look to do more of a general mixing course, as I have not had any experience of mixing before, and the links posted of the video tutorials seems useful for desk specifics, so thank you!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.