GLD-112 Bricked when updated M-WAVES card firmware

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD troubleshooting GLD-112 Bricked when updated M-WAVES card firmware

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of mfusa mfusa 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of mfusa
    mfusa
    Participant

I have been using my GLD-112 with M-WAVES V2 card for years along with MultiRack SoundGrid. As you know, MultiRack is going away so tried to make the leap to Super Rack last night. Part of the Super Rack update is that all devices on the SoundGrid network (I/O Cards, SoundGrid Servers) need to be upgraded to version 11 firmware. Super Rack installed fine on my Mac, opened my MultiRack show file, looked at my devices inventory (Midas M32 I/O, 2 x Waves SoundGrid Impact servers, and GLD-112 I/O) and, as expected, it told me everything needed a firmware update. The firmware update applied fine to all devices but now the GLD-112 won’t boot at all! I get right into the BIOS screen. I have a ticket open with both Waves and A&H and am in desperate need of help to recover by Thursday.

So, WARNING, I’d suggest not updating your M-WAVES card firmware to support Super Rack until I can get this figured out and respond back. If anyone can help me recover the GLD-112, please reach out.
    Thanks!

Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

What happens if you remove the Waves Card? For my understanding the GLD firmware should not be influced by the Waves firmware, maybe this was a coincidence of two things, updating the card firmware and breakdown of the console. In computer industry everything can happen, even if it is seldom;-)

Profile photo of mfusa
    mfusa
    Participant

Thanks for the reply. I would agree that the FW update on the card should not affect the booting abilities of the board. I am in the IT industry so I totally understand what you mean. I’ve been part of many of those unfortunate coincidences that you describe. However, this is a board which only gets used a couple times weekly. Each time, the board is powered up, used, and properly shut down. No recent issues with the board being finicky on booting. However, after applying the IO card firmware, the system asked for a reboot and then immediately failed to start thereafter.

As per your suggestion, I have tried booting with, or without, the IO card and the same result occurs.

Thanks again for the reply.

Profile photo of mfusa
    mfusa
    Participant

FYI that A&H Tech Support has also continued to assure me that the two things are unrelated. Again, I’m in the IT industry so I understand the statement and would generally agree that this should not be related. However, as I mentioned in my last post, the board was experiencing no board boot failures or slow boots prior to the FW update attempt on the IO card and then immediately experienced the failure/brick thereafter.

So, as of now I’ve got an unusable board and scrambled to get a rental arranged on an SQ series for a temporary fix. In the meantime I need to get the GLD board sent out for repair.

So, coincidence? Maybe. However, at least be aware of what happened to me. Good luck 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.