GLD 112 boot up issue…

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD troubleshooting GLD 112 boot up issue…

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of GCumbee GCumbee 10 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

I just got my 112 the other day. I did not notice this at first but have now. When I turn it on the left bank comes up pretty fast with ALL leds on all switches on and the 4 banks also. i.e. all LEDS are on. After full start they all go off and the board comes on OK. I never saw this on the 80 I had. Is this normal? Why?

I swear it did not do that when I first took it out of the box..Maybe, but I don’t think so. It is so glaring I think I would have noticed it…

George

Profile photo of DJ
    DJ
    Participant

Yea, that doesn’t sound like it’s suppossed to do that. I have a GLD80 and like you said, it doesn’t behave that way. The 112 shouldn’t be that different from the 80…just larger fader count right? The rest of the system should act the same.
    I’d be interested to know what everyone else has to say about it.

DJ

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

As of this afternoon I have an advanced replacement on it’s way and they have issued an RMA for this one. Factory guys and my rep were on top of it within minutes after I wrote them. I had a call from AMS. So I really appreciate them jumping on it. I have a big 15hr Telethon upcoming to use the 112 and 80 for TV mix so they understood my urgency. The board works fine as far as I can tell after it boots. I discovered this afternoon if you turn on the switch then right back off then back on they don’t light. But the board starts up very slow. Some other weird things happen. A normal power off then back on yields the problem, but then once fully booted it seems fine. I had another 80 delivered today so I am going to check it out..I have 2 80s now. One is rep demo going back..For the show I am doing a 80/32 and a 112/48 for TV master control and main stage.

Profile photo of Joe Hinkens
    Joe Hinkens
    Participant

That’s pretty impressive customer service. Hopefully you’ll have it all sorted shortly.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Agreed Joe. I must admit I have dealt with a lot of companies and being a new dealer I wasn’t sure what to expect, but so far I am extremely happy with how they handled this. And, late this aft I got an email with a UPS label attached to put on the return unit. Good folks…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.