Gl 2400 Effects

Forums Forums Other A&H products Gl 2400 Effects

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Geoff Geoff 12 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous

So first off I’m new to the whole “live sound” scene. I’m in a local Neighbors band and acquired a GL 2400 24 channel mixer that appears to be in really good shape and I’m trying to add a TC Electronics M300 dual processor to the mix. I’m using AUX 5 and 6 to send the signal to the processor and returning to Stereo 2 and 4. The issue is the effects seem very “hollow”, like they are in the distance and not part of the mix. I’ve tried different AUX sends and no difference. If I run a guitar directly through the effects processor first then into a line in, all work so it’s not an issue with the processor. Any help would be appreciated.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

On the channels that your are returning the FX back into the board be sure
    that you DO NOT turn up AUX 5 & 6, doing that would create a feedback loop and would cause issues depending how far they were turned up.

Profile photo of Mr-B
    Mr-B
    Participant

One of the return legs out of phase possibly so ou are getting cancellation if it is a stereo return?

Profile photo of Geoff
    Geoff
    Participant

With a guitar plugged into the FX unit, and then plugging that into the console, you are running everything in series.

But using an AUX send means now the effect is in parallel with the dry signal. If you haven’t already, set the wet/dry control on the FX unit to 100% wet. The extra latency on the dry signal will not mix nicely (unless you’re looking for that kind of effect) with the dry path in the console. You also probably only need to use one AUX to feed the FX unit. I’m not familiar with the M300, but almost all FX units sum the left and right inputs before processing them (there are exceptions, but they are generally not the cheap ones). The resulting effect will be “stereo”, so feel free to use a stereo return, but the stereo inputs are usually just there to preserve the stereo dry signal, which you are now ignoring.

Geoff

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.