GigaAce split hardware requirements

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions GigaAce split hardware requirements

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dave Dave 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Matt
    Matt
    Participant

We’re running a DM64 with an S7000 and just purchased a DM0 and gigaAce card to split FoH and monitors. We installed the card in the DM64 and started the patching process. I’m working under the assumption that the built-in gigaAce connection on the DM0 would allow us a split connection, but I have been unsuccessful in routing the inputs from that interface. After playing around with it and reading some forum posts, it seems that routing into the DM0 from gigaAce can only happen from an I/O slot. Is that correct? Do we need to purchase a second gigaAce card for the DM0 to accomplish the split? If so, is there a technical reason that the built-in interface cannot be used for this purpose? Especially on a digital only mixrack it seems that the included interface could serve dual purposes, such as in this case.

Matt

Profile photo of Martijn
    Martijn
    Participant

Hi Matt,

you will need a gigaACE card in the DM0 for a 128ch backbone between the 2 DM’s.

The main gigaACE link on the DM is for connecting a surface only.

Profile photo of Dave
    Dave
    Participant

The main gigaACE link on the DM is for connecting a surface only.

That’s unfortunate… it’s a waste of slots (and $$$) on headless MixRacks like what the OP is describing.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.