Getting This Error Message

Forums Forums Avantis Forums Avantis General Discussions Getting This Error Message

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Cruz Cruz 1 year ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Cruz
    Cruz
    Participant

Greetings, I am encountering an issue on my PC while installing Avantis MixPad. Yes today I downloaded this software and when I try to install this, I am getting this error message “The software change returned error code 0x643.” I have no idea what could be the issue. Could anyone please help me to solve it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

There is no Avantis MixPad app for Windows. In fact, none of the MixPad apps work with Avantis regardless of the platform (Windows, Android, iOS, etc). There is the Avantis Director for Windows and CustomControl software that’s available for all OS. Please make sure you are trying to install the correct software for your console and OS.

Alternatively you can also use MixingStation which is a third party app that supports Avantis. It is available on pretty much every OS platform which makes it very convenient to use on mobile devices.

Profile photo of Cruz
    Cruz
    Participant

Okay, but still I am getting the same error while installing Mixing Station on my Windows 10 PC. I really dont understand what’s happening.

Profile photo of Chris
    Chris
    Participant

I’m not 100% sure exactly what is wrong, but it sounds like the issue may be with Windows and not the software you are trying to install. I Googled the error and this came back:

“Windows Update error code “0x643” and Windows Installer error code “1603” are generic error codes. Typically, these error codes mean that the update was not installed. These errors codes are usually caused by a corruption in the . NET Framework installation or by an inconsistency on the MSI database state.”

Your download may be corrupted, or you might need to seek some repairs suggested in the above quote.

Running a “sfc /scannow” (without the quotes) from an administrative command prompt can some time fix corruption issues. If that doesn’t fix it, sometimes it could be out of date antivirus, or Windows may need to be refreshed. Sorry I cannot provide more help but it sounds like your issue is beyond the scope of this forum…

Profile photo of Cruz
    Cruz
    Participant

Thank you for your suggestions, but this command sfc /scannow did not work. But anyway I searched online for resolving the issue and came across this useful guide. First I repaired the .NET framework and enabled it. After doing the methods perfectly, the problem got resolved. Now I have no longer any issues while installing it and working on it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.