Getting QU-16 on local wi-fi

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Getting QU-16 on local wi-fi

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Ian Ian 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Ian
    Ian
    Participant

Since the day I unpacked the QU-16, I’ve used it with a secondhand router running a tiny network with two clients – the console (connected via Ethernet) and the iPad running Qu-Pad.

For an application in a couple of weeks, we want to put the console in an enclosed space and are concerned about the router’s strength.

This is an college campus with distributed wi-fi, and I’m wondering if I could get the console onto it.

Does the QU-16 have a wireless NIC inside it? Is it a wireless networkable device? If not, can I repurpose the router to make it one?

Profile photo of JimmyB
    JimmyB
    Participant

The QU has to be hard wired to the network. Can you get your router out of the enclosure?

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

First invest in good dual band router and only use the 5g connection.
    TP Link Archer C7 and Netgear R7000 are my current router of choices.

I would not just go and plug your mixer into a buildings network without getting their IT department involved, they most likely will want you set up a static IP address on the mixer and they may need the mixer’s MAC address to give it permission on the system network.

With your own personal router I would still set the mixer up with a static IP address, will need to set up the router accordingly as well.

Profile photo of Ian
    Ian
    Participant

All that is true and warranted. As it happens, my (live production) department is nested inside IT here, so that’s exactly the approach we were going to take – reserved address, authorized by MAC. Thank you for the heads up.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.