Getting Lot of Noise while live recording on outdoor location

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting Getting Lot of Noise while live recording on outdoor location

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of junior junior 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Belly
    Belly
    Participant

I am using SQ 6 Board,getting lot of noise (Hiss) on the live recording on outdoor locations.

Need help to get rid of that external noise.

Regards

Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Belly,

Does this only happen on outdoor shows?

Could you forward an example to support@allen-heath.com please?

Thanks

Alex

Profile photo of junior
    junior
    Participant

I’m having a big problem with SQ6 recording. I use the reaper program to make my recordings with a Macbook and when I record using SQ as an audio card, after about thirty minutes of recording the audio starts a very strange noise that can not hear anything, just an unstoppable noise , I came to think that the problem was on the Mac, but as I also have the console QU SB I decided to do a test and put to record two tracks on the reaper using the same Mac and incredible as it seems I recorded but of 4 consecutive hours and no problem appeared . Then I decided to do another test now recording with an external HD by the SQ driver and the problem appeared again. Is any of you having the same problem?

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

lot’s of people having the same problems

the suspects are the USB chipsets in modern computers and assorted hard drives

Profile photo of junior
    junior
    Participant

Also can a console QU sb and I record with the same Mac and the same HDs that I record in the SQ6 and I have no problems, the problem happens with the SQ 6. Is it not any console software error?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.