GEQ Reset Button

Forums Forums Avantis Forums Avantis feature suggestions GEQ Reset Button

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SteffenR SteffenR 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of ofstreams
    ofstreams
    Participant

I liked having the select key as the GEQ reset while in fader flip on other A&H consoles, but on the Avantis, you need to hold the reset key and touch each channel to do this, requiring two hands for what used to take one. Is there any hope in making the mix key perform this task, since it is inoperable while in GEQ flip anyway?
    Seems like it would go along with the M.O. of having as few touch points as possible per task.

Profile photo of Alex
    Alex
    Participant

You can reset individual frequencies by pressing the reset button on the left side of the console and pushing the fader of that frequency down that will set it back to zero. It’s like hidden features no one knows about. Hope that answered your questions

So you can reset frequencies on the graphic that way

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

For now save a flat EQ to the library, then recall it where needed.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

You can reset individual frequencies by pressing the reset button on the left side of the console and pushing the fader of that frequency down that will set it back to zero

that’s more or less what he is describing above

On the iLive, QU, dLive or SQ you have select buttons which reset a frequency to 0dB if you press it in GEQ fader mode.
    This makes it easier to reset parts of your corrections related to the room (low and mids) and keep the corrections related to the PA system (top range)
    and all with using one hand (ok one finger) only

Since the Avantis lacks select buttons this is not possible.

But I’m not sure about the mix key,
    they still work on the Qu and SQ, for the dLive, ilive and Avantis I can’t check it since I have none around
    for dLive maybe next week 😉

For now save a flat EQ to the library, then recall it where needed.

this is still possible with the reset button and the touch of the GEQ section on the mix masters, there is no need for a flat EQ preset
    but again it’s not one hand operation…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.