GEQ Frequency RTA Lights Not Working

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting GEQ Frequency RTA Lights Not Working

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of [XAP]Bob [XAP]Bob 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

For the first time in almost 3yrs of having my QU-16, the small RTA/GEQ Frequency indicator lights did not work at all last night on my iPad. Not a massive problem for me but we did have one monitor every so often that would feedback. I had an idea which one it was as it was set to industrial volume.

I was doing the band mix from my stage position and not at FOH for other jobs I take on, I play lead & bass guitar in the band and so go out front with my iPad for a sound check and then monitor the rest during the show. So by having these little indicator lights is quite invaluable, so why they didn’t work is a mystery.

If I get the chance I will set the desk up and play back some recorded shows to see if the problem persists.

Cheers
    Lee

Profile photo of mervaka
    mervaka
    Participant

When you switch in GEQ flip, the meters follow the RTA. In turn, the RTA follows the PAFL bus. The PAFL bus does not follow the selected mix in your master strip unless your master strip is PAFL’d (assuming you have PAFL follow mix enabled).

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

I never ever look at the desk unless I am pacifically performing FOH duties, most of the time I am working with my own band so I am working on the iPad.
    The small indicator lights I am talking about are positioned above the GEQ strip on the attached picture, they are not illuminated on this picture as this was taken before we had sound checked.

Cheers
    Lee

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

The file that failed to load in my last post.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of mervaka
    mervaka
    Participant

That is still part of the RTA, you still need to ensure your selected channel is PAFL’d.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

And that the peak level isn’t on the ‘other half’ of the RTA.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.