Gator 19” mixer case (modified) to fit SQ-5 perfectly

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Gator 19” mixer case (modified) to fit SQ-5 perfectly

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ianhind ianhind 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of ianhind
    ianhind
    Participant

Because of the height of the SQ-5’s light bar, everyone is obviously aware that all standard 19” console cases don’t fit with the lid on.

I recently purchased the SKB SQ-5 rack kit (model 1SKB-RE-SQ5) which drastically drops down the overall height compared to Allen & Heath’s standard rack ears for this console.

I had an old Gator case and was really hoping these lowered rack ears would allow the console to have the clearance but it was off by about half an inch.

I took the wood sides that angle the rack ears out and sawed off about half an inch or less and now the console fits perfectly.

It took about an hour and saved me having to spend $300-500 on a new flight case specifically for this console. I’m sure others have old cases similar to this laying around, mine came from an old MixWizard WZ16:2DX I had laying in the shop.

Hopefully this post saves someone a few bucks if they’re willing to put forth some effort.

Profile photo of ianhind
    ianhind
    Participant

here’s some pic’s

Profile photo of ianhind
    ianhind
    Participant

Profile photo of ianhind
    ianhind
    Participant

I’ve never had such a hard time upload pictures to a forum in my life, wow

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Where are the pics? Please

Profile photo of ianhind
    ianhind
    Participant

Hopefully this actually works this time…

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of ianhind
    ianhind
    Participant

The end result…

The lid goes on with about 1/2″ of clearance. Saved myself a few hundred bucks with 1 hour of work, hopefully someone can make use of this as well.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.