Ganging parameters

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting Ganging parameters

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of M Van Houten M Van Houten 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of M Van Houten
    M Van Houten
    Participant

I’ve noticed that parameters like side chains etc are not linked.
    Any way to have these linked?
    Self-ducking tracks on one side of a hard panned dual input isn’t overly ideal.

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

@Milhouse

The settings of the sidechain (i.e. the side chain filter) are linked/matched when gate or compressor processing is ganged, it is only the sidechain souce which is not.
    In much the same way as you might want to match input or direct out trim, but not change the input or output sockets being used.
    However, a workaround if you are using lots of different sources for ducking and are constantly needing to change these (which I presume is the case as it’s the only time I can see it being a problem to alter multiple sidechain sources), would be to leave the sidechain fed from a mix, then change what you are sending to that mix on a scene-by-scene or ganged routing basis.

Hope this helps!
    Keith.

M Van Houten
    Participant

Thanks Keith, the side chain source was a group as you describe, however it was a setting thrown together in a hurry as people started commenting over their own track.

In a similar matter it seems the polarity (part of the trim function) doesn’t gang when trim parameter is selected in the gang.

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

@Milhouse

I don’t think it’s something we’ve had mentioned as a parameter users wanted ganged before – could you let us know more about the use case where you’d want to switch (and match) polarity on multiple channels?

Thanks!
    Keith.

M Van Houten
    Participant

I’d like to retain anything that already has a phase relationship and flip them together.
    For example if I am already happy with both overheads together (or another ganged stereo source like a percussion pair etc) And I’m checking them against other sources like snare etc I’d like to retain the relationship and flip them together.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.