Gain/Volume

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Gain/Volume

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of volounteer volounteer 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Fats
    Fats
    Participant

Hi there

Was wondering if anyone can tell me,
    how to turn down the gain going into my daw individualy
    I’m using logic to record audio for our church services but
    wanting to control the gain coming in logic individually, as my keyboards some times distorting

much appreciated

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Go into the routing menu, select the needed channel and there are direct out source pick off selections and a direct out trim level adjustment.

Just to check have to double checked that you do not have the channel input gain too high
    and are over driving the channel input. Maybe a little goes unnoticed live but on the recording it jumps out at you!

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

@Fats

HOW are you going from the Qu to the DAW?
    LR mix matrix USB other ?

Best way for you to record is to use a mix_out into an audio interface to the PC then into the DAW.

When you push the mix select button you can adjust any fader input, or other processing in the mix, including output level from all.
    If you have been recording LR then any changes will affect the house sound so you need to use a mix separate from LR.
    You need a mix or maybe a matrix out to record in the DAW.

Alternatively you could record to the Qudrive and sneaker net it to the DAW.

If you want all channels for mixing in the DAW then you would need the usb approach or the QuDrive.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.