Gain tracking in setups with two Mixracks?

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive feature suggestions Gain tracking in setups with two Mixracks?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mfk0815 Mfk0815 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of RobbO
    RobbO
    Participant

We run a FOH/MON split setup with GigaAce cards in a DM64 and a DM0. It would be great to have gain tracking work between the two. Right now FOH sets gains on the preamp, locks the gain on surface, then uses the trim for adjustments. MON gets signal via Tie Lines and uses trims for setting gain structure. Seems like it could be possible but I’m not a software engineer so….

Profile photo of isaac
    isaac
    Participant

Is there any particular reason you are using a DM0 with the monitor console? The way we do dual surface is one DM64 with an additional GigaAce card. Main GigaAce goes to FOH console, option card GigaAce goes to monitor console. Gain sharing across aprox 40 inputs. We started with the dual surface mon/foh preset show files. The only thing I can see you gain with your setup is talkback through the console talkback page for each console.

Profile photo of swill97
    swill97
    Participant

I Definitely Agree with this idea, I have a portable Dm32 system that I occasionally link to my Install dm32 system for more pre-amps, would love to be able to control the Pre’s on one mixrack from the other. I currently resort to connecting an Ipad to the secondary mixrack to control from FOH.

Profile photo of Dave
    Dave
    Participant

Is there any particular reason you are using a DM0 with the monitor console? The way we do dual surface is one DM64 with an additional GigaAce card. Main GigaAce goes to FOH console, option card GigaAce goes to monitor console. Gain sharing across aprox 40 inputs. We started with the dual surface mon/foh preset show files. The only thing I can see you gain with your setup is talkback through the console talkback page for each console.

Wait, gain tracking doesn’t work between MixRacks? We’re planning on using a DM64 for FOH/Mon and a DM0 for broadcast. The gain tracking feature is pretty critical for us. I’d have to double-check the planned input list to be sure, but I think we’re planning on around 80 inputs channels (some of which don’t need to go to monitors), so the DM64 will already be full with FOH and Monitors… splitting it again for broadcast is out of the question.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

Is there any particular reason you are using a DM0 with the monitor console?

more than 64 inputs on both consoles

Profile photo of MJCElectronics
    MJCElectronics
    Participant

Dave that’s how it is right now.
    The only scenario with gain tracking available is single Mixrack multi Surface.
    In this configuration you divide the 128 channels between however many surfaces you have so it’s not the answer if you need 80 inputs.
    Guess multi mixrack gain tracking should go down as a feature request if it’s not already on the list.

Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

+1 from my side. I would also love to see gain tracking when I use mySQ6 as monitor console connected via gigaACE card to my CDM32.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.