Gain tracking….

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions Gain tracking….

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Biggsounds Biggsounds 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of cat's eyes
    cat’s eyes
    Participant

Hi,

how i can use the gain tracking in digital split with 2 Dlive sytem and GigaAce card.

Think you

Profile photo of RayS
    RayS
    Participant
    cat’s eyes
    Participant

Yes i know that, it work great with mutlisurface, but i would like to know how do that in digital slipt….

Profile photo of Underscore
    Underscore
    Participant

I could be wrong but, with what I have read about this feature, I don’t think it will work, nor was intended to work with digital split.

From the GigAce card page:

“The gigaACE card offers a cost-effective and simple solution for digital split applications, replacing the copper multicore / analogue splitters of the past. In a typical FoH / Monitor configuration, the inputs of a dLive system are sent to a second system where independent trim, processing and mixing is applied.”

In the descriptive information of the gain tracking, all it seems to discuss is single rack system and multi surface control of the singe rack.

Profile photo of Biggsounds
    Biggsounds
    Participant

I’ve sent the direct outs, gain tracked, out of a dLive into an SQ, so not sure why that wouldn’t work into a second dLive (you’d need to use another gigaACE card I’d assume though, on the SQ it was via the sLink). Begs the question though, if you’ve got 2 systems, is there a reason why you wouldn’t just do it as a multi-surface rig & leave the second rack in the truck?

Profile photo of Jens-Droessler
    Jens-Droessler
    Participant

Hello Nexo STM, uhh, I mean zbidislim! If your channel count doesn’t go over 64 channels there is no difference in reliability or useability between using a second mixrack or just the dual surface option. You just have one mixrack converting all signals to the digital domain, so if that one fails, nothing will work anymore. Only if you need more than 128 channels in total a second mixrack is of use. I’m just saying that to make sure you didn’t get stuck on the wrong way while thinking about your problem to solve.

Otherwise the gaintracked direct outs would be the solution. But of course it would be nice if A&H could introduce cross-mixrack gaintracking. Also a “release track button” per channel preamp would be nice, to reset the gaintracking if for one reason or the other the previously set gain is way too high.

cat’s eyes
    Participant

hi all, think you for your replays, i know about multisurface gain tracking, but in most case in festivals, technical direction want independent system also when we use Dlive, and alwayes we use analog split to connect two desks because sometime they change the FOH or monitor desk with other brand.

Yes jens, i’m a nexo lover :p, it will be nice feature it AH add the gain tracking in digital split in Dlive system. and in most case the guest engeneer don’t whant multisurface option however that they have less then 64 inputs….

Profile photo of Jens-Droessler
    Jens-Droessler
    Participant

If people want an independant system, analog split is still the way to go. If you provide them with dual-surface only, you don’t have to tell them. Just set the roles for both surfaces correctly and they won’t even know thyre on the same mixrack… 😀

Profile photo of RayS
    RayS
    Participant

does this not work as you intend?

Ray

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Biggsounds
    Biggsounds
    Participant

I still use an analog split if there’s going to be consoles substituted in at FOH or whatever, it’s just on shows where it’s just going to be the dLive’s that we use the GigaACE

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.