Gain sharing/patching between SQ and D Live

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Gain sharing/patching between SQ and D Live

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Jens-Droessler Jens-Droessler 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Chris
    Chris
    Participant

Hey guys!

The band I work for just bought a DM0(with gigaAce card), 3 DX168’s, a C1500, and an SQ5. I’m building the FOH DLive file offline before rehearsals, and I was wondering how exactly the soft patch works on the SQ5 when you gain share with Dx168s? Do I have to route anything anywhere in the DM0 or dos it just show up as 1-48 (DX1= 1-16, DX2=17-32 etc)?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Hi Chris,

With a dLive/SQ digital split, you are sharing audio, but no messaging between the SQ and dLive systems. This means that for both, you are adding 128×128 audio streams that can be used in the same way as any other input/output, many people will use tie-lines, but you could also make use of direct outs and mix external inputs.

The DX preamps will be controlled by whichever system they are connected to (there is no gain sharing), you can then patch through to the other system and use trim to adjust.

As a suggestion, and presuming you want to use the SQ for monitors: Connect the DX168’s to the DM0, then use tie-lines to patch sockets through to the gigaACE card, connect this to the SLink port on the SQ and patch inputs from SLink. Return SQ auxes to the DM0 which you can then patch these to DX168 outputs using more tie lines.

Hope this helps!
    Cheers,
    Keith.

Profile photo of Jens-Droessler
    Jens-Droessler
    Participant

If you use the dLive’s direct outs to supply the SQ5 with the signals, you can activate gain tracking as far as I know. Changes on the dLive’s preamps won’t affect the signals supplied to the SQ then.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.