Fx to an aux channel?

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Fx to an aux channel?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of AnDee AnDee 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of AnDee
    AnDee
    Participant

What is the simplest way to apply Fx to an aux channel?

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

not again
    please read the manual

https://giybf.com

Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

I am afraid that the original question can be interpreted in minimum two ways, so @andee, you have to be more precise in asking the question.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

I’m going to assume that you want to apply some FX to an aux that
    is feeding a monitor mix.

– select the aux you want to apply the fx to (blue mix select buttons left hand side)
    – go to what ever layer and the channel in that layer that
    you have the FX return assigned that you want to bring up in the selected aux.
    – bring up the fader on that channel.

Think of the FX return just like another channel you want to bring up in a monitor mix.

Profile photo of AnDee
    AnDee
    Participant

Ok – the situation is this. Fx to FOH is all good and I can easily mute via a soft key. Now my vocalist wants Fx in his monitor – which I also want to easily mute – preferably on a soft key.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Same Fx to monitor as to FOH?
    Follow my directions, when you mute the FX it will mute everywhere.

If you set up a separte FX just for the monitor mix, leave that FX return down on the main mix
    and just bring it up on the monitor aux/mix send. Set that FX to the same FX mute group so it will mute
    with all the other FX.

Profile photo of tourtelot
    tourtelot
    Participant

I want to say thanks for the specific directions. The thing for me, an old analog guy, is that I need to look at patching in a completely different way; the possibilities are endless. Both a blessing and a curse.

For someone who doesn’t use my panel every day, I tend to get turned around trying to puzzle out patching, and just can’t see the way out of the woods. That’s why this forum, and the ever-so-patient folks who populate it is such a trove. Bless you all.

D.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

I want to say thanks for the specific directions. The thing for me, an old analog guy, is that I need to look at patching in a completely different way; the possibilities are endless. Both a blessing and a curse.

I have patched many outboard processors into analog mixers as well.
    In many ways the concept is the same, auxes, inserts, ect. only your not wrangling insert snakes now or needing to remember what boards insert sends on tip and sends on ring of a 1/4 inch insert jack!

Profile photo of AnDee
    AnDee
    Participant

Thanks guys – think Iv’e got it sorted.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.