FX seems function intermittently at times

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting FX seems function intermittently at times

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mike C Mike C 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jim
    Jim
    Participant

On my Qu16 I’ve noticed recently that when I place some effects on vocals using FX1 or FX2, they seem fine in a sound check and then after a couple tunes the effects diminish greatly. Adjusting the fader doesn’t help at all, effects only project slightly, then all of sudden a few minutes later they come back without doing anything. We did a gig last Saturday night and everything was great in sound check and our singer really liked the amount of effects on his voice. We played a few songs in sound check and all of sudden he turned to me and said the effects are gone, and no one touched a thing. I slid the fader up and that was the best I could get although overall it was very slight. We started the show and part way thru the first song the effects came back with a vengeance and since we do our own sound I could not adjust it down until the song ended (I’m the drummer and run sound) Any ideas from anyone on what could be going on??

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Double check the FX routing, maybe some changes made during the show are cancelling out the FX in someway.

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

@Jim,

I can remember doing an outside event many years ago with my QU-16 for a band and what you are describing happened to me. One minute the vocal reverb was on, the next it just vanished and nothing I could do to bring it back. So I hastily setup another reverb via FX2 which worked until the end of the show. I set my desk up the day after at home and the reverb still didn’t work on FX1, I reset the desk and it has never done that since.

Strange!

Profile photo of debzdoodle
    debzdoodle
    Participant

I had the same thing happen very early on when I purchased my QU-16 around 2013 to one particular scene set up. I was never able to get the effects on that one scene to work correctly so I programmed a new scene and never had the same issue again on any of the dozens of scenes I have saved.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

What firmware version are you running?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.