FX returns to option card output

Forums Forums iLive Forums iLive general discussions FX returns to option card output

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ddff_lv ddff_lv 10 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

Apologies if this has been discussed, but couldn’t find by search.
    I have a dual rack setup that has M-Dante in slave rack for record and broadcast console. Now I have to figure out how to get individual FX return signals without adding more busses. I found out there is no Direct Out for the FX IP, but there is FX Rack OP, that can be assigned to ACE/DANTE. The trouble with this is when I set up this routing my FX returns on master console are greyed out – strip setup says it’s there, but in fact it’s not. Is there any other option I could send FX returns to broadcast cosole?

ddff

Profile photo of Leon BigEars A&H
    Leon BigEars A&H

Assign the FX return to ‘long’ channel inputs (from the rear panel of the FX)
    Then you can patch those channel direct outs to port-B for your recording and still have them available to mix with.
    on the Slave rack of course these signals will be coming in to port-A which can then be routed to the Dante card.
    remember to check the options for the global direct out settings [MixRack / Preferences].

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

Thanks for the tip! I figured that also, but it was too late anyway, those FXIP were already in several scenes and rehersals were over. I ended up by using one postfade stereo aux and routing all FXIP to that.

ddff

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.