FX racks 5-8?

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions FX racks 5-8?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of A238LiveMix A238LiveMix 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of A238LiveMix
    A238LiveMix
    Participant

Are the fx racks 5-8 permanently behind the scenes or is there a way to apply them to sliders in a layer? I currently have returns 1-4, pink noise, talkback, and send 1-4 on this layer. I would like to be able to have more control over racks 5-8. Is this even an option? I have tried sliding them into the channel strips in surface setup, but it doesn’t apply or stay.
    Pretty new to this, sorry of it seems like a basic answer 🤷‍♂️

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Hi @a238livemix ,

FX engines 1-4 and 5-8 are only different in that you can send to 1-4 using the FX send busses.
    So with the default setup, FX engines 1-4 are fed via the FX sends and have some commonly used FX units already loaded.
    FX engines 5-8 do not have units loaded and are not routed.

Any of the FX engines can be used inserted on any input or mix channel though, assigned either by using the ‘Back Panel’ in the FX screen, or from the insert points in processing.
    It’s also possible to use any/all of the engines in a ‘Mix -> Return’ setup (https://www.allen-heath.com/media/SQ_ReferenceGuide_V1_5_0.pdf#page=53&zoom=auto,-361,567) which allows you to feed them from any mix output for sends on faders, or an input direct out. As soon as the returns are in use with this mode, they will be visible on channel strips wherever you have placed them.

(when not in ‘Mix -> Return’, you can place the FX returns on channel strips, but they will not show up on the surface as they are not doing anything)

Hope this helps!
    Keith.

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

You can feed the FX 5-8 from Aux sends, then they function just like the default settings for the first 4.

Profile photo of L Medlin
    L Medlin
    Participant

I have FX Engine Loaded with a reverb and routed Mix->Return to Aux 12 on the board. On Sends to Faders for Aux 12 I have a Vocal input turn up to “0”, but I’m not getting a signal to the FX Return.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

I can see no input either on your foto

is the aux master on? is the send in the vocal channel on?

L Medlin
    Participant

Here are the snapshots for the Aux and Return

Attachments:
    Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

but this did not answer the question…

Routing screen?

L Medlin
    Participant

I think that was it. The Send to the Aux on the Vocal Channel was off in the Routing. Always an easy mistake. Thanks for the help

L Medlin
    Participant

Yeah on the routing screen Aux 12 was off.

Attachments:
    Profile photo of A238LiveMix
    A238LiveMix
    Participant

Thank you Kieth.
    This is what I was running into, but I thought I may be doing something wrong. Thank you for the clarification!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.