FX in monitors – cannot figure this out

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions FX in monitors – cannot figure this out

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mike C Mike C 3 years ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of VRDaddy
    VRDaddy
    Participant

Hi all,

I have a QU16.

I have Googled, read the manual and read multiple posts here about getting some FX in the monitor mix. I just cannot seem figure it out.

I can get FX in channels 1-16, but for the life of me, no matter what I try I cannot seem to get any FX in the monitors.

From what I have read it seems you go to layer 2, select the monitor mix you want FX in and then select FX 1-4 and bring up the channels you want to have FX. This does not work. Do I need to set the FX to something other than mix return?

Could someone please spell out step by step how I would get FX in the monitor mix?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!! I have tried figuring this out on and off for about a year now. lol.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

It sounds like you almost had it working.

Lets say FX1 is reverb in the main mix and you want that also in a
    monitor mix.

Go to the top layer the has the FX returns, stereo channels, mix send levels in it.

Now select the monitor mix you want the FX in, blue buttons on the left, lets call it Mix 1.

In that mode all the faders for the FX returns are the send levels to the selected mix, turning up the FX 1 fader will send FX to the selected mix.

If that does not work…….

Check that the FX 1 send to the mix is turned on, you can hit the green select button on FX 1 and then go to the routing menu or with the blue Mix 1 button selected go to the “mix assign” button just to the left of the row of green select buttons.
    When you hit the “mix assign’ button the green select buttons will light up on the
    FX return channels and the stereo channels that are assigned to the mix that you have selected.

To assign or un assign a channel from a mix hold the “mix assign” button and then hit the channels select button.

Think of the FX return channels as like any input channel, the routing is the same.

Also do not turn up the FX send levels on the sane FX return that will cause a feedback loop! Right now to be safe do not turn up any FX send level on any FX return. As a safeguard you may want to make sure the FX sends are un-assigned on the FX returns.

Profile photo of VRDaddy
    VRDaddy
    Participant

Thank you very much for the info!!! I will try this when I get home.

Profile photo of VRDaddy
    VRDaddy
    Participant

Hey Mike C,

Thank you very much for your help!! That worked great! I cannot believe it was that simple and that I could not figure that out. Geez. lol.

Thanks again!!!!!!

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Good to hear everything is working for you!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.