fx in mixes problem on qu-pac

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions fx in mixes problem on qu-pac

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SteffenR SteffenR 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of midijay
    midijay
    Participant

big problem: I’m using 9/10 mixes for an iem, but when I turn down the fader of a vocal in the 9/10 mix with qu-you app I still hear the fx. how is it possible? I have everything set in post-fader! any help??

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

you send the signal to the FX pre fader

Profile photo of midijay
    midijay
    Participant

ok, can you explain in which page? fx send? fx return? . i can lower the fx only if i turn down the fader of the channel in lr mix, but i want a separate indipendent mix in 9/10 mix. is it possible? thanks so much!

SteffenR
    Participant

ok now I understand what you are trying to do

the mixes are not independent
    they all depend on the channel
    but you are able to do a bit of independence
    set the whole mix to pre fader, now you are nearly independent from the main mix
    but now you have to control every part of that mix, the fx return too

if you send your fx post fader then you can bring down the channel with the send in the main mix and it automatic lowers the send level
    but unfortunatly this is not possible for aux mixes since the send is just an aux mix with fixed destination only.

Profile photo of midijay
    midijay
    Participant

thank you Steffen! naturally having the need to have separate mixes for the singers, I had already set the ch in prefader. the only problem was that of the fx. unfortunately it is not possible to solve it.

SteffenR
    Participant

normally this is not a problem
    since you can set the FX returns to post fade and if you mute them in the main then they off in the other mixes as well

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.