FX in ME and Aux In Ear

Forums Forums Avantis Forums Avantis General Discussions FX in ME and Aux In Ear

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Keule Keule 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Marc
    Marc
    Participant

Hey All,
    I have been using the Avantis for about a year now and I am trying to dig into it a little deeper. I want to know if there is a way to add FX to an AUX send for in ears, say I want my mic to be wet only in my ears. Is that possible? Also, same question for the ME system. I know I can add more to the overall signal but I don’t want to make it sound terrible in the house, only in my ears. Or can you only affect the entire bus? Say a live mix, can I send FX just to a vocal or can I only affect the whole signal?
    Thanks
    Marc

PS- If anyone has or knows someone who has an adapter for a Dante card that they are not using or want to sale, please let me know. I have the smaller Dante card that requires the adapter. I’ve never even got to VSC yet. LOL

Profile photo of Keule
    Keule
    Participant

I hate to say, but Thats pretty basic and was possible since the First A&H digital console and still is.

You can mix the fx into a bus (master or aux) with the level you like. Even with less on the master and much on an aux-bus. You just thend the fx-return to the aux-bus via mix-button or routing.

You can insert an effect at the aux bus

You can mirror an input on two channel, inserting and eq-ing one only for the fx bus, and one only for the master.

Have fun

Profile photo of Marc
    Marc
    Participant

Thanks for the reply. I have never tried to duplicate a track live and give it separate treatment.
    So would you blend the (wet)FX vocal into your aux mix just like the dry mix?
    Just making sure that’s what you mean.
    If so, I would set up all vocals that way, so that people can have that verb in the Aux and not have to have it wet in the house.

Profile photo of Keule
    Keule
    Participant

When you mix the different handeled duplicated input signals you risk phasing cause of microdelays. Sounds sometimes bit crazy… (but theres a good chance, that you won’t even recognize it)

If I want a “wet” aux, I would route it conventional on an fx-send, and the return into the aux mix.

If you want a special reverb and eq setting on the monitor, other than at the mainfront, I would split the signal (2 channel with the same input) one is routed to tha pa, one is routet to the monitor. If you need different reverbs on the monitor, and you want to spare a bus, you could insert the reverb into the channel for the monitor.

Everything as you need it.

Hope I could help.

Goodluck, and rock´n´roll

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.