FX Feedback loop

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu feature suggestions FX Feedback loop

This topic contains 18 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mike C Mike C 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

But as I said above, we may actually want to create that feedback loop in the case of delay/echo effects.
    The fact that it has an on/off button, with a default setting of “off”, is enough safety!

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

Dan…

From your original post:

I unfortunately moved a fader and BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHCHHHRR

When you raise a fader and it starts feeding back, LOWER THE FADER IMMEDIATELY.

It really is this simple. No need to ask the factory to waste any time on a simple beginners lack of experience. In fact, it’ll probably work out to your advantage because now you will sit down and learn how to utilize the console. The Qu really is a great piece of kit and if you just take the time to make the transition from cable and jack routing to digital routing you’ll be a happy camper.

Happy camping!

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

The FX routing is actually really simple – just imagine where the cables are going from and to…

It’s no more magic than cables, you just have to follow where things are plugged in. There is a limited number of sources, and a very limited number of return destinations.

It’s not hard to make a digital feedback loop that your check would miss (FX2 feeds FX1 – your check won’t stop you lifting the FX2 return into FX1) and so at best it’s the TSA of the routing world (security theatre).

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

I am going to say that just about all of us when using an analog mixer have returned the effects through a channel. That channel would have aux send controls some of those auxes would be effects sends, if turned up that would create a feedback loop back into the effects unit. The only safety net there was knowing not to do it.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.