FX engine routing

Forums Forums Avantis Forums Avantis General Discussions FX engine routing

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Brian Brian 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of David
    David
    Participant

I have not been able to figure how to take 1 FX bus send and route it to multiple FX engines, inversely you cant route a Aux to the FX engine and have it continue to return in a FX return channel strip.

Any thoughts?

Profile photo of AlexIG
    AlexIG
    Participant

What do you mean by route it to multiple FX Engines? Like, send on FX to multiple FX?

Profile photo of David
    David
    Participant

I want to take FX Bus 1 and send it to FX engine 1 and engine 2 for example, you cant do it, it only lets yo assign the matching FX bus number

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

yes that’s right
    it is like it is
    FX send assignment is fix
    you can route an aux to more than one FX slot

Profile photo of AlexIG
    AlexIG
    Participant

You should post on feature suggestion. They seem to listen and one of the customer support people said delevolopers regularly read them.

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

I will add that you can assign FX sends and returns to DCAs.

I used to route a single FX send to multiple FX effects with an X32. I did this with vocal effects for example and it provided a single fader (FX send) to quickly pull the effects out while still giving individual volume control over each effect using the returns.

Once I realize I could assign the vocal FX channels to a DCA, I have my single fader back for volume control.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.