FX delay regen

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions FX delay regen

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of nottooloud nottooloud 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of nottooloud
    nottooloud
    Participant

I was surprised to find out that Feedback 10 on the Stereo Tap Delay is not 100%. Can the BBD or the Echo do full regen and self-oscillate?

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

@nottooloud ,

The BBD is similar to the Stereo Tap Delay regarding control and also does not get into infinite feedback by itself/internally.
    Due to the fact that FX returns can be sent to any FX sends (including their matching sends) however, you can increase the feedback in a round about way.

Echo can definitely get into a crazy feedback state on it’s own though, and it’s a lot of fun 🙂

Cheers,
    Keith.

nottooloud
    Participant

Due to the fact that FX returns can be sent to any FX sends (including their matching sends) however, you can increase the feedback in a round about way.

That would eliminate the option of no feedback, 1 repeat.

Good to hear that Echo can get me there.

nottooloud
    Participant

Oh, but Echo has no tap time? Why ever not?

nottooloud
    Participant

@keithjah

I don’t remember ever seeing tap time on a BBD, but you have it there. Why not on Echo?

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Here are a couple of BBD pedals with tap tempo –
    EHX Deluxe Memory Boy
    MXR Carbon Copy Deluxe

Presumably you are asking about this because you might expect to be able to tap in a tempo and have repeats match that tempo.
    However, the echo uses 3 virtual heads which can be switched on/off in different combinations, each with their own min/max value that you are scaling with the time control.
    Therefore, linking tap tempo to, say, the first head would not give you what you might expect with the second and would only make some sense in the modes that include that first head.
    The differences in timing between the virtual heads are also a big part of the sound.

Echo is designed to give a smeary, spacey, thick echo effect, not exact tap tempo’d repeats.
    The Stereo Tap delay and BBD already have this covered 🙂

Cheers,
    Keith.

nottooloud
    Participant

@keithjah
    That makes sense.

The Stereo Tap delay and BBD already have this covered

but they don’t self oscillate. 3 choices, each with some of what I need. None of them get there.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.