FX Bus Issue

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting FX Bus Issue

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of [XAP]Bob [XAP]Bob 8 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

Hi All,

Been using the QU-16 since I purchased it at the beginning of January 2014, done hundreds of shows with and without the band I work fulltime with. Been an excellent buy that has improved not just the audio but the whole set up etc.

Anyway, last week I had a weekend off so decided to lend my PA to a fellow band who were playing an outside gig, it ended up me doing their FOH. I set up a scene for the band including an FX of their choice that was routed via the FX1 bus as Mix/Return post fader. All was going great until for some reason the FX went off and the singers vocals were dry.

So a quick hop onto the side of stage to see what the problem was, FX1 was receiving a healthy signal but not sending one out to the FX return, I ended up recalling an FX setting I have saved for the band I work with and routing that into the FX2 bus, all worked well for the remainder of the show.

So fast forward to last night, my band was doing a gig and the same issue reared its ugly head, I recalled an earlier scene as it is a venue we work at two or three times a year, no FX coming from FX1 bus, but a clear signal going in. I loaded another scene only to find the same problem. I ended up loading our FX setting again into FX2 bus which although it worked and got me out of a hole, the FX sounded different somehow. Could have been the room.

Today I pulled the desk out and set it all up as we have a busy three or four days ahead of us from tomorrow, for love nor money could I find what the problem was, I ended up performing a “Hard Reset”, first time I have had to do this since buy the QU. Reloaded my scenes and settings that I have backed up on a couple of memory sticks, everything works a treat as it was supposed to do.

Whichever scene I load up FX1 is working fine; I had feared a trip back to my supplier to send the board off for a repair.

I am running Firmware 1.7 as I haven’t had the need to update to 1.73 just yet, even though I have it installed on a stick just in case.

Anyone else come across this little head teaser?

Lee

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Nope, but I’d run the update to 173 all the same.

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

Will the QU-Pad app need updating to correspond with firmware 1.73 as I haven’t seen any recent updates for it?

Thanks

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

No – it’s 1.7.*

Profile photo of Onemoarcherry
    Onemoarcherry
    Participant

Is fx return on?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

FX returns 2,3,4 are ON for the LR mix

FX return 1 is OFF (No green light)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.