FX 5-8 returns….where are they?

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions FX 5-8 returns….where are they?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of RobH RobH 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of RobH
    RobH
    Participant

Hi,
    I’ve had my sq6 for several days now and am still in the dark as to where fx returns 5-8 are….
    I cant patch the returns to input channels it seems.
    Im sending to the fx from aux 1, the back panel of the fx unit is set to fx>return, aux 1 is the source, and in the bottom right of the panel, fx return 8 shows signal……but I cant get it to return anywhere.
    Im sure Im missing something thats in front of my nose, and have ‘rtfm’d’ 😁.
    Im an experienced engineer and familiar with yamaha, soundcraft and digico consoles ( as well as analog consoles from the days of the soundcraft series I, but new to A&H
    Thanks
    Rob

Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

Once you have set for a FX unit the mode Mix-Return (instead of Insert) the FX returns will be available to be added to any of the six fader layers. But this is not done automatically, you have to do it manually.

Profile photo of RobH
    RobH
    Participant

Thanks……I assumed something like that but cant find where I do it…..could you be so kind as to enlighten me 😁

Profile photo of RobH
    RobH
    Participant

Thanks……I assumed something like that but cant find where I do it…..😁
    I cant find any option in the I/O screen to patch fx outputs to anything other than an output socket.

Profile photo of RobH
    RobH
    Participant

Surely I don’t have to do it the old way, and route the fx returns to a pair of local outs, then physically patch into local inputs????
    At the moment, this is the only option I can see.

Profile photo of RobH
    RobH
    Participant

Okay, for anyone who wants to know in the future……
    Go to….
    Setup>Surface> Strip assign.
    Touch FX in the upper right.

This shows all the returns which you then drag and drop into whatever layer/ channel strip you choose

Note……make sure the fx unit is patched to mix/return or this wont work.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.