Future Update of QU-SB

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Future Update of QU-SB

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of lomtas lomtas 4 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of lomtas
    lomtas
    Participant

We just bought a QU-SB after having a QU-24 and a SQ-7 in our church. The QU-SB will be used for outdoor events.
    The only way to use the QU-SB is via tablet. From our experience of SQ-7 we know, that the app Version has to correspond with the Firmware Version on the mixer.
    What happens now, when QU-SB will receive a Firmware Update? The App will be updated automatically and than does not correspond with the Firmware Version on the mixer. How will it be possible to update the Firmware on the mixer? Or is the app of QU downwards compatible?
    That’s one last Question to decide wheter we will send it back or not.

Profile photo of Barryjam
    Barryjam
    Participant

You will then update both the Qu-Sb and the app. What is your concern again?

Profile photo of lomtas
    lomtas
    Participant

The app will make an auto update, whether the mixer doesn’t. Probably the app will be updated and the mixer not. That’s my fear.

Profile photo of psikes
    psikes
    Participant

Simply turn off auto updates on your iPad.

Barryjam
    Participant

It’s been a long time since the last update, and I’m guessing you probably won’t face this. But you must either…

1) turn off automatic updates on the Tablet or
    2) have someone onsite who knows how to update the mixer firmware. It is not difficult, but I could imagine some volunteers who might not be up to the task. Would you be able to talk them thru this task via telephone or email?

Profile photo of lomtas
    lomtas
    Participant

Thank you for your answers.

BUT: My Question: Are you able to update the Firmware if the app Version is newer? Is there any special way to do that, perhaps without app??

Barryjam
    Participant

Yes. Update of the mixer is by flash drive. No tablet required for this.

Profile photo of garyh
    garyh
    Participant

The board firmware and app version numbers only need to match the first two numbers. 1.90 and 1.95 are compatible. 1.85 and 1.93 are not.

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Hi @lomtas,
    There is a dedicated recessed firmware update button on the Qu-SB – just next to the Qu-Drive socket. So as mentioned by @barryjam, no tablet required 🙂
    Thanks,
    Keith.

Profile photo of lomtas
    lomtas
    Participant

Thanks. That’s what I was Looking for.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.