further routing of a channel

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions further routing of a channel

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of  Anonymous 7 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Belfast
    Belfast
    Participant

Hi All
    Is it possible to have a input send to another channel:

Eg. I want to run a microphon into Channel 1 and run it to Maine out, bur i want to throw the same signal into channel 2 were I send it on to a monitor with a different EQ (And not to the main out)

Dont know if this make sense ?

Cheers Søren

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

Søren…

This can only be done by using a “Y” cable and physically plugging the split input into two channel inputs. I carry a few for this and other purposes.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

Can be done from a DSnake box, but not on your desk’s built in inputs. The simple work around if you’re not useing DSnake is a splitter lead as Dick says. I do this from time to time.

Profile photo of DoctorG
    DoctorG
    Participant

The splitter suggested by Dick should work fine, but if you want some isolation between the two mics, you can purchase a splitter that uses a transformer to accomplish the isolation.

The use of phantom power can be an issue in some situations, but since you’re plugging one mic into only the mixer, just use one channel to supply phantom power, if it is needed.

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

Doc…

That would be one (1) mic and two (2) channels. I can’t see how you need to isolate a single mic from itself although there’s a remote chance that accidentally supplying phantom from both channels might cause a problem.

I forgot about the D-snake option as I still use drop snakes on stage with the console to the side and mix on wireless pad.

Profile photo of Belfast
    Belfast
    Participant

Thathanks guys thats whats what i told the soundguy i wonder if it could be via new firmware.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Highly unlikely – the QU premise is that the local inputs are directly mapped to faders.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

argh! Transformers!
    Jensen!
    zero to 60,000 cycles in .002 of a second? 😐
    as a young guy I use to love that advertisement in those old recording magazine books. way before the net….

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.