Funny connections

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions Funny connections

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ddff_lv ddff_lv 5 years ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

So I got bored today in my workshop and decided to try all sorts of connections that are not documented or Iā€™m not good at finding it. I wanted to find out if I can link SQ desk via its built-in sLink port to dSnake port in GLD, worked just fine, then I linked the dSnake port of GLD to M-ACE card- worked (40 ch), GLD expander port to second port of M-ACE, voila- now 48 ch working.

Then I got to dLive- linked its DX port to sLink port of SQ- no luck, only first 4 channels repeated 8 times.
    And now most interesting part- took another dLive and hooked their DX ports together, worked- nice way to to foh/mon, huh? And then I started to figure why there were no sync issues? I cannot sync from DX, so both racks were on their internal clocks (of course I could sync via wordclock if I had to). So this was my question of a day. But other than that- nice way of having 64/64 link.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

you are a real bad boy šŸ™‚

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

Well, here is one mixing class setup I just wired up: https://youtu.be/2_tx4AK7qYI

Profile photo of Lishinsky
    Lishinsky
    Participant

Hi
    i was wondering if this type of connection is approved by A&H!

Profile photo of SanjOk
    SanjOk
    Participant

Hi!
    Is it possible to connect CDM32 & AB168?

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

No, CDM does not work with AB and AR boxes.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.