full director for ipad

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive feature suggestions full director for ipad

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mike Storm Mike Storm 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Neakmenter
    Neakmenter
    Participant

Although mixpad is fairly decent, its a shame to have this great touchscreen platform, without a full director available.
    Director has access to much more of the desk, and the workflow is much better for many channels (sliding the mixpad’s channels left and right without accidentally making fader adjustments is very difficult.

I understand that porting “qt” based applications to ios is now quite straightforward so hopefully wouldn’t be too great a challenge?

This would certainly give me the excuse I need to buy a 12″ iPad pro anyway! 😉

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

If only dLive app had at least what Qu Pad app has already… I have too many surfaceless jobs for what I can do with existing app. Guys, please…

ddff

Profile photo of Mark Oakley
    Mark Oakley
    Participant

If you have a dLive connected to laptop, and Director running on the laptop, you can control the computer with any tablet via a remote desktop. This is what I do with my iLive: in the last 2 1/2 years I’ve used my iPad on every gig, and haven’t opened iLive Mixpad once. I control iLive Editor with Real VNC. I can also control Editor from my iPhone as well.

-Mark

Profile photo of Mike Storm
    Mike Storm
    Participant

Get a MS Surface instead?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.