Free QU-24 Webinar – Thursday 6th March

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Free QU-24 Webinar – Thursday 6th March

Tagged: 

This topic contains 13 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of mamerica mamerica 10 years ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Tombot
    Tombot
    Participant

Hi Everyone

We’re hosting a QU-24 Webinar tonight, so if anyone has a function they want to see demonstrated or have any questions that they haven’t had answered, please tune in. Its in HD and has an iOS & android friendly chatroom. March 6th – 7PM GMT – https://www.scan.co.uk/shops/proaudio/webinar

Cheers

Tom

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

Great idea, will log in and watch that.

Scan is only a few mls up the road from me.

Lee 🙂

Profile photo of dcongdon
    dcongdon
    Participant

Thanks for the webinar. Cheers!

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

Thanks for that, really helpful and informative.

Thanks

Lee

Profile photo of robbocurry
    robbocurry
    Participant

Hi Nicola,
    Can you clarify if a USB pen drive is okay to use for recording, as per the webinar?
    Thanks,
    Rob

Profile photo of mamerica
    mamerica
    Participant

From the Qu-16 User’s manual:
    Note – Use a USB hard drive, not a key, for all stereo and multitrack recording

robbocurry
    Participant

Ta Mamerica,
    I read that too, just the guy in the webinar said you could use it! #confused!

Profile photo of MartinW
    MartinW
    Participant

Try it?

robbocurry
    Participant

Will do! I can’t believe my qu24 has been sitting in the packing case for nearly 11 hours and I haven’t had the chane to open it yet- I’m back from an early gig, I may play with my new toy ’til the wee small hours:)

mamerica
    Participant

Hi robbocurry,
    I actually have tried it and it worked fine. Last weekend I was at a gig. I carry my setup music and my default scene on a usb stick. I hit the Stereo Record button and recorded a couple of sets. They seem fine to me. I don’t know why the factory advises against it but they must have their reasons. I switched over to a hard-drive later because I had to do a multi-track recording for one of the acts.

My USB Stick is one of the more expensive ones on the approved list. It’s a Scandisk Extreme USB 3 (16GB).

robbocurry
    Participant

Thanks for that Mamerica:)
    I believe I read that they didn’t recommend SSD’s either.
    That USB 3 pen of yours sounds like the ticket, eBay here I come!
    Any ideas on a good LED snake light for the board – local music shop asking for £50!!!!
    Don’t want to kill it with a wrong ‘un;)

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

I have a couple of USB LED goose neck lights that are designed for laptops etc, they cost a £1 each from poundland and work a treat!!!

I also know of some other engineers who use the same product.

🙂

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

I would not like the idea of putting a USB light on any console. Might not create a problem but I don’t want anything on that socket but a drive or key.

My feelings. If you can afford to buy the console you can afford to buy the correct lamp for it. It is like buying a new Cadillac and complaining about buying nice floor mats.

mamerica
    Participant

I don’t think a USB light would cause any problems but I bought the recommended lamp from Allen & Heath. I used to have them on my GL2400 and I liked them because they have a built-in dimmer and they don’t heat up.

My only complaint would be that they only come in one length. They’re a bit long for a small desk. Who knows, someday that may come in handy.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.