Free MixPad promotion

Forums Forums iLive Forums iLive general discussions Free MixPad promotion

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 19 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Flobbit Flobbit 8 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Genesis Services
    Genesis Services
    Participant

Hi Guys, I am not really used to reply to this forum but i follow every topic trying to learn something. I think that the ilive is indeed a very expensive desk, but there are still not very many that does what i want it to do. I am using it in a split configuration, 32ip on the foh and 32 on the mix pad for the monitors sharing only the gain which even can be replaced by the trim on the surface to avoid affecting the monitor mix. When i look at other desks, i don’t find many in 32+32 ip channels where i can do the same. of course they are a lot cheaper, but the ilive does exactly what i want it to do so i am not about to sell it. The only thing is that i find that at A&H the love for the product is like gone. I was in frankfurt and the only ilive desk they had was a t144 that even missed a fader button, and when i asked a few question about it’s future, all i got was a whole lot of maybe’s and perhaps. I think it’s a very poor way to treat your clients

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

Do you really think the iLive is expensive in any way? I can’t think of any other console with flexible bus configuration in a range. At the moment only SSL L500/300 and Roland M5000 come into my mind- both are more expensive than iLive. Or let’s look at any console with 32 busses total- some of Soundcraft Vi, Yamaha CL, larger Digico, etc. And most of them are more expensive. So I agree iLive needs a bunch of features and I hope they will come with FW 2.0 (and I mean it has to come, A&H- do you hear me?), but hardware is in very good price/performance balance I think.

ddff

Profile photo of jb12string
    jb12string
    Participant

The ilives are a very good value. There aren’t many consoles with more than 48 inputs for less than $20,000. I’m almost tempted to buy an iPad now, but I’d hate to spend the money only to have to buy a new version of mixpad when the new firmware comes out.

Profile photo of Genesis Services
    Genesis Services
    Participant

I’m sorry i used the word expensive, maybe i should have said that it costs a lot of money, but then i think i somewhat corrected myself by saying that i there are not many desks that give me the same options and that i am not planning on selling mine because it does what i want it to do. I would even say that i will buy another allen & heath console, but in my opinion they need to find a better approach towards there costumers and don’t continue to be so secretive about everything. if they don’t want to continue developing on the former ilive, they can just go ahead and say so. after all it is an old desk and the technology is moving very fast this days. So please don’t get me wrong. in comparison to the yamaha and the midas and the behringer(sorry). I would choose the ilive a million times.

Profile photo of Flobbit
    Flobbit
    Participant

We are in the process of getting an iLive system and when I read this I thought I missed out. But it looks like the promotion has been extended. Or is the free promotion now permanent?

Either way, thanks for iPad app!

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.