Four day old console fader issue

Forums Forums Avantis Forums Avantis troubleshooting Four day old console fader issue

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of iron.audio iron.audio 1 week, 5 days ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of FRNCH
    FRNCH
    Participant

Hi,

Just received and installed an avantis at the venue I work at four days ago, I turned on the highlight on fader touch feature. I did the fader touch calibration when I first booted it up as requested by the manual. Today on day four of owning the console, for some reason some channels highlight themselves even when I’m not touching anything and sometimes they randomly highlight themeslves very breifley when I touch other fader.

Anyone else had this issue / heard of this before and found a fix? i’m in the middle of the show as I’m typing this so a reboot is not possible. And I have to a full fader touch calibration again on both banks.

Cheers

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

@frnch

This behaviour could be down to calibration but as the touch sensing is capacitive, could also be due to external influence on a system that is working correctly.
    ‘External influence’ is the best way I could think of to describe it, but would include things like environment (e.g. humidity) and power.

Was there any difference in the environment or with the setup on day 4?

Thanks,
    Keith.

Profile photo of FRNCH
    FRNCH
    Participant

Hi Keith,

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly.

No different between day 1 and day 4. But I did find the issue! It was my phone & ipad charger which is one of the new Anker Ga twin type c charger that was causing the problem. If I had it near me or was touching either the phone or ipad it would cause the problem. When it was further away and or not in contact with me it was fine. I have no issue with my macbook which has the new 140w Ga charger. So pretty sure it was down to RFI from either the charging block / the cable causing issues.

Cheers.

Profile photo of iron.audio
    iron.audio
    Participant

I am having the exact same issue, please help! I have tried calibration, different power sources, and keeping any other electronic devices away from the console. I am still getting channels which flicker and highlight themnselves on/off when only touching one fader. Or they just eventually all highlight themselves and stay that way even when I’m not touching the console. Thanks!

Profile photo of Bmays
    Bmays
    Participant

Tried hard reset today. Didnt help. Fader highlight still cascading lights both banks. No electronics around, inside normal humidity. Tried fader recalibrations. Firmware update says successfully updated. Nothing is plugged into any of the ports or links. Any other thoughts? The board was purchased in August and just taken out of
    the box a few days ago.

Profile photo of iron.audio
    iron.audio
    Participant

SOLVED!

Not a software issue, not a hardware issue. It was a grounding issue in the space we were using. As soon as we found clean power and plugged it in, the issue was completely gone. Good tip from a user on an A&H Facebook group!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.