Formatting and updating firmware

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Formatting and updating firmware

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of drsongs drsongs 9 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of drsongs
    drsongs
    Participant

Just got my QU 16 today. I’m trying to update the firmware. I first tried a WD My Passort 160GB and it just kept saying reading drive. Then I tried a Patriot stick and same thing. Also the instructions are a little unclear. So when I get a usb device that will work, I format on the Qu16 then plug that usb device into my computer drag the downloaded firmware update onto the stick then plug it back into the Qu and load the new firmware – is that correct?
    Thanks!

Profile photo of eotsskleet
    eotsskleet
    Participant

hey desongs
    for your firmware updates you better use a small USB-Stick with 1-4GB space! Less space means less reading time and it’s way enough for the firmware data! If you stick don’t show up on the qu-16 screen then try to format the disk first on your computer to “fat32” and then try to format it with the Qu-16! Now you should be able to copy the firmware files on you usb-stick!

Profile photo of drsongs
    drsongs
    Participant

Hi EO,

Thanks for the info. I did format the stick to fat32 but it still didn’t work. I was able to use my Rocstor 3Cx 500GB. I’ll be using it to record to as well when I’m not using reaper in my windows 7 PC. Now my problem though is getting Reaper online can’t figure out yet what settings I need. It sees the QU16 but I’m missing something somewhere.

Thanks

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.