Flashing LED on mix select

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ feature suggestions Flashing LED on mix select

This topic contains 45 replies, has 34 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ioTon ioTon 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Milow
    Milow
    Participant

After more than a year I have just mixed the first musicals again and occasionally it happened to me that I ended up in the wrong mix. That still seems like a real challenge with this otherwise great desk. The desired “latching” option for the mix buttons would really help and a more noticeable visualization would make sense. Personally, I wouldn’t prefer even more flashing buttons (mute and tap tempo buttons flash enough), but inverted scribble strip colors or a modified main display would be good. Perhaps it would also be helpful if non-functioning faders of a layer (e.g. FX sends, MTX, group to group, …) were switched off in the aux mix (black strip display, faders on the bottom). What do you think of that?

Profile photo of almabes
    almabes
    Participant

This happened to me, too. I would like a bigger, brighter, blinky thing, or some sort of indication that I’m on a mix other than LR. Fantastic desk!

Profile photo of BRS
    BRS
    Participant

+1

Im fairly experienced now and rarely make this mistake but I still do occasionally and it’s been a painful lesson to learn.

Make it an option so that perfect people needn’t bother (like on MixPad app where you can choose To flash faders as a warning).

Profile photo of jovonov
    jovonov
    Participant

+1

Profile photo of jb07
    jb07
    Participant

It happened to me this weekend, slice in an effect and impossible to turn up the volume! moment of stress before seeing that I was not on the LR mix.
    I look forward to the next update, it will be soon?

Profile photo of MiG Eater
    MiG Eater
    Participant

+1 for the momentary/single press option combined with a visual representation

Profile photo of Alex
    Alex
    Participant

Like @steffenr said, selected mix blinking will not be a solution to this problem I think.

Anothers brand use a good way to show us we are working on mix:
    – all mix light on / blinking the selected mix you are working on.
    – all mix light off when you are back to your Main.

But I like this idea of « mono color » for channel strips too. And it could be the color of your selected mix channel strip.

Sorry once again for my language!

Profile photo of Alex
    Alex
    Participant

And we can add a button on setup page called « channel strip color follow mix color ». Then everybody use his own solution. With it or without.

Profile photo of SeanD
    SeanD
    Participant

+1 on the Momentary Latch while holding a mix. I can see that as a good speed tool 👍

Profile photo of tourtelot
    tourtelot
    Participant

Pretty please?

D.

Profile photo of Soundave
    Soundave
    Participant

Perhaps creating an option to make the aux-mix and fx buttons individually selectable to be “momentary” would solve a lot of this.
    ((AH, I see now this is already a popular solution))

Profile photo of GarethHD
    GarethHD
    Participant

+1 for latch/momentary option on mix select

Profile photo of John@CreechBC
    John@CreechBC
    Participant

Agree to some form of more obvious visual indication of which mix is selected

Profile photo of joalp
    joalp
    Participant

+1 for a flashing LED or a color change in the scribble strip

Profile photo of Andy
    Andy
    Participant

+1 I like some ideas like flashing (pulsating) light, latch4moment option, color change or touchscreen or maybe configurable over the lightbar?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.