Flash Drive not on approved list.

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Flash Drive not on approved list.

This topic contains 11 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Tommy Tommy 8 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of debzdoodle
    debzdoodle
    Participant

Just thought I’d let everyone know that at the weekend I used a PNY Turbo 64Gb flash drive to record and it worked without any issues….

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

To record what?

Scenes/Stereo/Multitrack

Profile photo of robbocurry
    robbocurry
    Participant

Happy days,
    There are probably 1000’s of usb pen drives out there, A&H won’t test them all. If it works, happy days:)

debzdoodle
    Participant

Multitrack recording. Just wanted to share…

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

It is interesting that on the GLD everyone I tried worked. On the QU not so. Only one out of 3-4 worked. That is with FAT32 pre formatted or PC formatted.

Profile photo of Hawk
    Hawk
    Participant

go with sandisk usb3

Profile photo of Studiodawg
    Studiodawg
    Participant

I bought a PNY Turbo 64GB and need to report that I got 9 errors (this is after QuDrive formatting). I also have a SanDisk Extreme 16GB that records without errors. I needed more than ~1hr.45min. recording time during rehearsals, so for $20 I figured “why not try it”. After listening to the playback, yes there was an audible error, but it works fine for making a “rehearsal tape”. PNY Turbo 64GB are not without errors.

Profile photo of zhaodony
    zhaodony
    Participant

I bought a PNY Turbo 128GB USB 3.0 and got at least 10 errors within 5 minutes.
    Since I can’t afford to buy 1000’s of thumb drives and test them all. Is there a current list of what will work? The only article I found is from 2+ years ago. Allen-Heath Article.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

That article is occasionally updated – but the general recommendation is the Sandisk extreme…

Profile photo of Studiodawg
    Studiodawg
    Participant

Yes Sandisk Extreme are worth the expense…I have 32GB and a 64GB …the PNY Turbo 64GB has been retired to domestic duties…

debzdoodle
    Participant

I’ve used my PNY successfully many times – Go figure???

Profile photo of Tommy
    Tommy
    Participant

I tried a couple different ones, but found the SanDisk Extreme is the only one that works well for me. I use my console to record Sunday morning services at my church. My external hard drive failed one Sunday so I lost the recording that day. Now I run my DAW capturing via USB-B as well as recording through QU Drive. Making sure I have redundancy for the next time something fails. The SanDisk Extreme is the only one I found that does not give me errors.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.