Fix confusing routing screen

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD feature suggestions Fix confusing routing screen

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of pilotspike pilotspike 9 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of pilotspike
    pilotspike
    Participant

Id like to suggest a tweak to the routing screen of GLD groups. I was answering some questions for one of my techs as it related to the GLD this week and we found that the way that the group routing screen was setup was quite confusing.

When using stereo groups feeding a stereo bus, the routing screen of the groups does not show the pan settings for the inputs feeding the group. It is simply a boolean indicating assignment. If you want to see what the panning looks like you have to select the bus that the group is assigned to. The stereo group assignment page should show this. My tech thought that he had a stereo group without a way to pan inputs and was thoroughly confused.

The groups seem to be caught in this weird place where you can process them like you would a mix, but then they are different because of their relationship to the main outs. The gui could be clearer here as to their use and differences from mixes.

John

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The forum ‘GLD feature suggestions’ is closed to new topics and replies.