First contact with SQ-6

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ feature suggestions First contact with SQ-6

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of mumu mumu 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Wolfgang
    Wolfgang
    Participant

I had the opportunity to work with our new SQ6 today.
    I spontaneously noticed several things that could be improved.

a) the screen can be made very bright, I think that’s very good! however, the graphic representation is a bit too blue-heavy, a little bit more colour and higher contrast values would certainly not harm the visibility.

b) in the EQ I would find a direct switching from Bell to Shelving with a button in the screen the much better solution.

c) the soft-rotarys should show the dB-value when turning. at the moment they are not very useful.

d) in the iPAD-APP, I think it makes sense to have a page where you can label the channels one after the other. on the iPad, labelling is somehow easier because you can hold it in your hand better. but at the moment, this is a bit awkward, because the text field disappears after each name entry.
    Alternatively, an offline/online editor would be very helpful.

but overall, the console makes a good impression!

Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

Thank you for your report, Wolfgang.
    +1 for the Buttons to switch between shelf and bell filters.

I also see the practical value of the soft-encoders limited because of the lack of the visual feedback of the current value. At the moment they are four additional mute buttons with a scribble script for me. I use them most of the time for the master faders of the FX sends but use normally only the mute switches.

Wolfgang
    Participant

second contact, first gig:
    everything went well so far, no problem.

but whenever I wanted to grab the threshold of gate or compressor, I grabbed the right side, to the EQ. 😉
    the reflex probably comes from working with dLive

Wolfgang
    Participant

after three gigs with the SQ6:

i don’t have the possibility to move the filters in the EQ screen with my finger.
    in the app this works, but at the desk it doesn’t work?

I also find it really annoying that you can’t use the potentiometer in the EQ to switch to “shelving”. that hinders the workflow.

There are other things I could write. I don’t have time for that right now.
    otherwise I’m getting along really well so far, big praise to you!

Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

hey wolfgang
    d) in the iPAD-APP, I think it makes sense to have a page where you can label the channels one after the other. on the iPad, labelling is somehow easier because you can hold it in your hand better. but at the moment, this is a bit awkward, because the text field disappears after each name entry.
    Alternatively, an offline/online editor would be very helpful.

if you “move” the faders window/section all the way “down” (handle in the middle) you`ll see all the label fields of the channels , that makes it easyer to label, still i agree with you.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.