Firmware V1.9

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Firmware V1.9

This topic contains 49 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of dpdan dpdan 7 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of dickiefunk
    dickiefunk
    Participant

Yes the Spectrograph was already in v1.8 but it’s not on qu-pad yet. I expect it will only be a matter of time.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Suspect people are saying it’s not on qupad

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

What’s the deal with the qu-control app for iPhone? All I can get it to do is read only on the widgets. Can’t seem to get it to actually control anything. Am I missing something?

Edit. Ok. Got it. Had to close edit to get it to work. I thought I was nuts.

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

Close edit?

Profile photo of Alex
    Alex
    Participant

I wished you could touch anywhere on the widget and then slide up/down but you have to touch the triangle volume graphic to enable the swiping … my iPhone screen is small and I wished that i could touch any area of the widget inorder to swipe up/down …

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

Ah, OK. So swipe from the left to open a menu. Then do the same to stop editing (labelled “close edit”)

Makes an interesting option, I presume it’s anothe connection, not impacting on QuPad/QuYou counts?

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Bob, it does count towards the 8 max app connections.

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

Crikey they can get eaten up fast nowadays 😉
    Still a limit of two QuPad I presume – is there a limit on QuControls?

Profile photo of dpdan
    dpdan
    Participant

I know nothing about the code of these apps and don’t pretend to,
    but up to 20 Apple i-devices can be used simultaneously with the Mackie DL32R.
    I have never understood this strange limit with my Q-Pad app and Qu-You app.

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

Personally I think two iPad devices is more than enough, one for monitors and the other for FOH. No real need to have anyone else using one, it is also best not to let the musicians on stage loose with their own monitor controls, unless they are using in-ears. I wear two hats, I am a musician first and a sound tech second (I use the latter loosely).

Lee

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

@[XAP]Bob
    The maximum number of Qu-Pad / Qu-You / Qu-Control app connections supported is 8. You can connect a maximum of 2 iPads running Qu-Pad, and a maximum of 8 iOS and Android devices running Qu-You or Qu-Control, but the maximum total connections must not exceed 8 apps.

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

So QuYou and QuControl are equivalent in terms of connection count – that seems sane, given the two usage scenarios…

Since I don’t a desk around to test with… did the QuPad get “remember this password” capability in this upgrade?
    (So if there is a network glitch I don’t have to type in the password again before I can control anything)

Profile photo of knga
    knga
    Participant

When will the Windows Daw control drivers be ready for download?

Profile photo of DavChatham
    DavChatham
    Participant

I just updated my qu16 and iPad to v1.9 and noticed that I no longer have control of the faders remotely. Still going through the other Controls and so far the functions that i checked appear to be working. Is there something I need to reset after doing the update to enable control of the faders on the iPad?
    Another question.. Is the “talk” function suppose to work from the iPad?

Profile photo of AdamJay
    AdamJay
    Participant

The feature I love the most with this new firmware is the “Mix Select” assignment option for Soft Keys.

Pushing a button to instantly see all my input channel send levels for each internal FX processor and each external FX send (i.e. Mix 4, Mix 5/6) speeds up the workflow incredibly, and it makes the Qu-Pad app even less necessary for studio use.

Bravo, A&H. I hope to see even more destinations added to the soft key functions in future updates.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 50 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.